Hands On Session For Uk Customers

'korky' said:
Scotland is the place to do it, covering north england and scotland....Edinburgh is probably the best place, lots of flight, trains and buses! :p
Haha, if every one wants to come to my house in Aberdeenshire, you're all welcome ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
These sorts of threads make me laugh every one says that their town or city is the one to go for for what ever excuse. Saying somewhere is cheep to get to is naive to say the least, the cost will vary greatly depending where you are in the country. Then there are accommodation costs etc. to consider too

And for the record London is not cheap, London is very expensive. On average about 20% more expensive than the rest of the UK for pretty much everything.

'liquidphantom' said:
These sorts of threads make me laugh every one says that their town or city is the one to go for for what ever excuse. Saying somewhere is cheep to get to is naive to say the least, the cost will vary greatly depending where you are in the country. Then there are accommodation costs etc. to consider too

And for the record London is not cheap, London is very expensive. On average about 20% more expensive than the rest of the UK for pretty much everything.
Your study in poison is now complete. You may now join the douchy side.

'WizardStan' said:
'Username' said:
I'd go up to Canada just for that. Is there really a PandaCan?
Not yet, but if interest is high enough, in a few months there probably will be.

I'd gladly head up to canada if we could get MWeston to come. I'm in a suburb of cleveland, so it shouldn't be all that hard to find a way up there. OR we could have a Mid-West Pandora-Fest right in cleveland since Bradly International Airport is there ;] (just continuing the trend =P).

Other PandaCan names: Candora, Panada, PanCan (PanCanCon), Panuck (lol j/k)

Wait, there's got to be something somewhere online where we can all mark our (general) locations on a map that we can all view... hmm....

'MDave' said:
Costs me something near £100 to get a train to London from where I live, sod that! I'm a poor ass collage student! :p
Try a coach

CODE

www.nationalexpress.co.uk

They're usually quite a bit cheaper over long distances

'kaprikawn' said:
East coast sounds good to me.

The only question is Skegness or Ingoldmells?

Oh... :D
hahahaha - ace - i'm actually near boston, so there is potential for UK east coast PandoraCon :D

whilst on the subject of conventions, I know last year nottingham hosted gamecity http://gamecity.org/ - this may be a suitable environment/venue for a PandoraCon ?

'liquidphantom' said:

I don't live in London actually, and can get to Birmingham more easily. It just seems to me that with it's 4 airports (or is it 5?) and heathrow apparently being the busiest in the world (or close anyway) more planes fly there from more places than pretty much anywhere in the world, so I would expect it to be easier to get to for everyone. But no, it is _so_ _not_ cheap!

Back