Hands On Session For Uk Customers

'WizardStan' said:
And thus, the first annual PandoraCon was formed.
this is interesting :)

There would be a problem however: at least here in italy you can't carry weapons to a public event, and I'm not sure that it would be safe to carry your early pandora to such an event without a few means of defense :)

(seriously, if somebody from lombardy is interested, I will show it of at a few local LUGs)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there's even a direct flight from my town (Europe) to London during the summer at least. It's been a while since I last had a pint in London.

You should probably pick an appropriate milestone to hold a convention. Something like 1 month after the last pre-order has shipped. Hold it around where the OP offices are located. Make that the unofficial location of "the real" PandoraCon, the one where we convince the entire team they need to show up at. Maybe they give hints at future plans and stuff, maybe a few talks on how to develop for the Pandora or something, nothing major but still cool and exclusive.
Then, a few months later, you have PandoraConUSA, PandoraConCanada, PandoraConAustralia, PandoraConJapan, anywhere else I'm not thinking of, for those that couldn't find the time or money to fly halfway around the world. These would be smaller and more an excuse to get together and play video games.
That's how I would start planning things, anyway.

'WizardStan' said:
You should probably pick an appropriate milestone to hold a convention. Something like 1 month after the last pre-order has shipped. Hold it around where the OP offices are located. Make that the unofficial location of "the real" PandoraCon, the one where we convince the entire team they need to show up at. Maybe they give hints at future plans and stuff, maybe a few talks on how to develop for the Pandora or something, nothing major but still cool and exclusive.
Then, a few months later, you have PandoraConUSA, PandoraConCanada, PandoraConAustralia, PandoraConJapan, anywhere else I'm not thinking of, for those that couldn't find the time or money to fly halfway around the world. These would be smaller and more an excuse to get together and play video games.
That's how I would start planning things, anyway.
I'd guess London is easier to get to than Newcastle for most people, and not hard for the OP team to get to.

'WizardStan' said:
You should probably pick an appropriate milestone to hold a convention. Something like 1 month after the last pre-order has shipped....
Great idea. We can make it joint Pandora / Christmas party... :D

[taxi for one.....]

I'd be so down for a Pandora gathering.
That'd be incredible!

Damn me being a broke-ass college student in the US... something like this would be awesome to go to.

Set it just after release date and nearer OPUK and pick up our Pandoras at the start of the convention? ;)

While London is the easiest to get to, Birmingham is the place for conventions in the UK. I've been to countless there. That said. London rules, it's cheap, it's a great city, it's got lots to see. On the other hand, Birmingham is a pretty crappy place. So, for people who aren't local, they would have more to do in London, if they wanted to stay for a few days.

I'd like to host a TINCS tournament if we do have one :D, maybe with some SDHC card prizes.

'Monk' said:
Set it just after release date and nearer OPUK and pick up our Pandoras at the start of the convention? ;)
No fun in that, for the first 10 hours there will be a massive geek-fight over the wall power sockets to get the thing charged, with big eyed people guarding their pandora with paranoia. Then after that everybody will be messing to much with it to even notice there are other ppl in the room ;)

Scotland is the place to do it, covering north england and scotland....Edinburgh is probably the best place, lots of flight, trains and buses! :p

Mr.Gonzo said:
pff ill just go chill with MWESTON here in canada U_U
That's what the PandoraConCanada (hereafter referred to as PandaCan, until a better name is found) is for.
In fact, as far as North American meets go, it'd probably be a better locale than eastern US. MWeston lives in south-central Canada (though I can't remember exactly which city I stalked traced him down to), which is fairly equidistant from all US locations.

Username said:
I'd go up to Canada just for that. Is there really a PandaCan?
Not yet, but if interest is high enough, in a few months there probably will be.

Back