hando, regarding your other posters

exodus

Still Fresh
I don't like to criticize people really - but you need to have your other posters read through the entire archive of GP32news or something. You're running a news site, but half of the things that your other news posters put up is treated as though it's new, when it's not.

This is especially important with the commercial games. Rico just said that Raphael was a new game under development from topnysoft. Of course YOU know that it's been available for about 5 or 6 months now. Cutey Fatty was announced about 8 months ago, TTGO roughly 7 months back. I see this happening a *lot* on GP32X, and I wonder if it damages your reputation. I know you don't have much time to post news yourself, but please try to educate your staff a little bit.

From Gp32new
"In case you missed the cutey fatty video"
how do you turn that in to a new game

Jesus Christ. Take the word 'new' out of the post and it becomes completely accurate. Not that most of our userbase would care.

In case you didn't realise the three big news sites, emu, x and news regularly cross-post articles. Since I have only been in the scene 2 months and I don't feel like reading the entire archive of gp32news, some errors are inevitable. I simply fix them. I don't really see how the errors are 'important', people who don't know about the game thinking it's new when it's not won't really mind...

Hmm, well I personally didn't know about those games at all until the recent news posts, so it's not so bad.

And I do think the guy is being a _bit_ harsh about the news posters - please keep in mind they're not being paid, and we're all just enjoying a hobby here. Don't take it too seriously. ;)

Rico - you do great work here. Keep it up, and I hope you can find time to develop Dynasty Blade into a full fledged game.

I am ok with everything you said, but calling Rapheal a new game is a pretty big mistake. Alot of people would be confused, what happens if someone likes the game, and waits until it gets released, but they never get to buy the game cause there will be no announcement about the game being released anymore, cause it has been released already

:( very critical people here :(

Hando do a great work. :D

And we try to make our possible to make good new for you.
Maybe some new i do on gp32news don't satisfac you but we do our best :)

of course you don't get paid, I realize that. But if you want to bring the news, there should also be an effort to make sure it's...news, you know. Sorry if I sound critical, it's really your ultimate interest I have in mind. At the very least you should know which games are out, and which have been announced. There are so few that it only takes about five minutes.

Ya your true but you have remember that we are not ALL since the start of the GP32 (see board "I'm new, how to install free luncher" / "I want to make a game how to do" ect) and some time do a little refresh for old and young actor maybe a good thinks

welllllll sorry mr but i think the news reporters do a fine job. If I saw something like a mention of raphael and never again i'd go search it out for myself, this is hardly cnn

well, the point of a news service is to do the research, is it not? Even if you're new to the scene, show the dedication you feel to the games you cover. All I'm saying is research a game for a couple of minutes before you post about it.

I guess...nobody seems to care for accuracy in their news, so I'll leave it alone. But perhaps Hando will pay attention, afterall my post is to *him*, because ultimately continuity is his responsibility.

Well, if your comments were intended JUST for hando, why didn't you email hando instead of making a public post? I understand your concern about the "news" being accurate, but as was posted earlier, the posts were accurate if you just remove the "new" portion of "new game". The post of new information ABOUT the game is still news. And, btw, for news:

1 a : a report of recent events b : previously unknown information <I've got news for you>
2 a : material reported in a newspaper or news periodical or on a newscast b : matter that is newsworthy

it doesn't have to necessarily be "new", it can even just be newsworthy, which the items were. If you don't like getting your information here, then don't.

Um, some of you seem to be taking great offense to what is merely positive criticism, nothing more. It's a perfectly valid point though - I don't pay attention to commercial games much, and I admit I had to think twice about the post...

Guys, we're only human. We're not computers that stay on the computer all day looking for info about GP32 stuff (well except for Axeman, jk).

Um, some of you seem to be taking great offense to what is merely positive criticism, nothing more. It's a perfectly valid point though - I don't pay attention to commercial games much, and I admit I had to think twice about the post...
I dont take great offense, because I partly agree with you. But I dont come here for news, although I get all of the latest news in the forums. I dont pay 100% attention to what goes on in the gp32 world because I have other things to worry about in my life, and im sure others do too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, we're only human. We're not computers that stay on the computer all day looking for info about GP32 stuff (well except for Axeman, jk).

:p

Seriously - like everyone says, we're not perfect! We do the best we can with what we can get hold of, which is not always easy. It's not like you're relying on the newsposts for prospecting on the stock market or something, and stand to lose millions!

BTW - I do have a life :D :p, I see it as a HOBBY, unlike one or two others around here :p

Some people take life way too seriously...

:p

Seriously - like everyone says, we're not perfect! We do the best we can with what we can get hold of, which is not always easy. It's not like you're relying on the newsposts for prospecting on the stock market or something, and stand to lose millions!

BTW - I do have a life :D :p, I see it as a HOBBY, unlike one or two others around here :p

Some people take life way too seriously...
Axeman, im not saying that you dont have a life. Im saying that everyone here has other things they worry about before they rush to update the gp32 news. My own life outside my computer comes first, but alot of times I hate my life so it really doesnt matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Axeman you have no life admit it..umm wait i can't say anything *adds up all his collective posts on various forums* hmmmm a real life, perhaps i should buy one of these "real lifes"

Back