Gbax 2005 Scene Party

Axeman

Axemeister
Website
Visit site
Hi all!

I post becasue I have some excellent news for all GP32 and Retro gaming fans! As mentioned a few months ago (for those with very long memories!), Craig of GBAX.com and myself had been having a few words about a meet-up of sorts in the UK for all the GP32ers and Retro Gamers out there.

Well.... it's now officially on the cards!

It will be announced in tonight's GBAX newsletter too, for those who are subscribed.

It will be called the

GBAX 2005 Scene Party

(or something very similar ;) )

Craig will be laying on a hell of a bash for everyone. It's due to happen this August (exact date yet to be confirmed), and will go on for a whole day and night (at least!). There's going to be a LOT of stuff worth coming for (as if meeting your GP32x mates wasn't enough!!!). It's going to be held in County Durham (in the north of England for those not in the know). There'll be some transport on hand from Durham station for those who need it (to be arranged).

These are just a few of the things planned... (much else yet to come!)

- There'll be a good sample of all things, ancient, modern and rare on show for everyone to play with.

- A Cinema-screen display for gaming (very large bomberman bound to be an attraction :) )

- Obviously much in the way of GP32 shenanigans

- Craig is laying on free (yes free!) food, booze (for those old enough anyway!) and some damn good 80's music to get everyone in the mood :p

Lots to be announced in the next few months, but one thing we can guarantee - if you love the scene, you'll love the bash :D

I'll be putting up a mini-site in the next day or so to start accepting registrations of interest to get the ball rolling. I'm expecting much in the way of interest if the UK meet 2003 was anything to go by.

In the meantime, if you need to know anything, just ask in this thread, or bung me a PM, and Craig and I will do what we can to answer.

CHEERS ONE AND ALL, and here's to the Big Bash ;)

Cya there mateys!

Wow sounds cool I`m really thinking of coming!

And not just because of the 80s music. But I can bring my collection, too :D

If any germans are interested, tell me maybe we can meet up and get there together...

Hey Quiest, i'm thinking about getting there, too. But I mean, it's the UK. Not very close. Could become expensive.

That's a great idea and be sure to atke a lot of pic's and put them up for those of us like my self who live outside the UK in the US.

Of course! There'll be pics galore!

It'd be great to see some of our Non-UK members there. The last UK meetup attracted at least one from as far afield as Denmark...

wow sounds great... but I live in Czech republic -> very far for me... and accomodation etc. ... hmmm... but trip to england with few boxes of pilsner urquell would be great... I'll decide when I'll know how much money will I have B)

I'm from Lohr am Main (that's around 42km away from Würzburg. It's in Baviaria and also not to far from the Hessische grenze

in the mood?

Anyways, that's not too far. I'll try to think of a way to get myself up there#
Just not on the second, third or sixth week of the 6 week hols

something i'd love to come to but from the states would be too much money. maybe in a few years if the scene is still around. Anyway, sounds like a good time.

I would like to come, but it's not exctly close.... we'll see (which most probably means "count me out").

I'd like to go, but I can't :(
Without having asked my parents (who'd be "very" delighted about the free booze) about it, I can say for sure they wouldn't let me.

i would love to come too but the uk is really far away xD

im living in lindau at the lake of konstanz (Bodensee)
thats at the border to austria in the south of germany ;P

Back