Halo 3: What Do You Think So Far?

Ganepark32

Suit Up!
Website
Visit site
^ Topic. Got mine today at about 1pm as I made my bro and get it in his free peroid at school seeing as I was supposed to have a full day at college (got home by 12).

To be honest, I haven't really played that much of it so far. I finished the first level, then part way through the second I thought I'd go do something else and ofrgot to save it. So I watched my bro play through the first level again and then some of the second level.

Basically, I'd like to hear what people think of the game so far but without giving anything away to those who don't have it.

I have to say I was excited to be playing Halo again. Don't know why. 'Thas been years since I've played Halo so it felt weird playing it again but I easily found my groove again to start getting the kills with ease.

Is it any good?? Would someone who has never realy been interested in Halo find it fun? Am I the only one thats not bothered about getting this game???

Think I will just wait untill its £15 on Ebay and just get COD4 instead :)

Have never really played the first 2 Halo's but am really impressed with what ive seen so far, played about 3 or 4 levels with a friend in co-op mode and have loved every minute of it...

I haven't played it as I just recently began Halo 1, but I had about 60 customers on line at midnight to pick it up, and a few came back the next day to say how awesome it was. I think the general consenus really is enjoying it.

I'd say if you haven't played Halo before, it does really matter. So far, Halo 3 has been really accessible, albeit, with a storyline that sort of requires you to have a small background knowledge of the first two.

Not sure what the multiplayer is like. Like I said, not really played that much. Controls are a little off compared to the COD4 beta but then that set-up was for multiplayer to encourage quick play and action.

I'll need to find out when COD4 is out cause I want. Multiplayer is awesome on it.

got my missus to get it for me after work yesterday, played the first 2 levels last night, its ok for what it is, its a solid fps , i dont really get whats going on story wise as i never really played halo2 but it dont really affect my enjoyment so far, i expect i'll understand it at some point, its all down to taste i guess, i thought bioshock was boring but loved the darkness, not tried halo online yet but i will. call of duty 4 online beta is amazing, definitely getting that. :D

lol at Fishbong. No idea what a Horcrux is or if it exists. Don't know if it has anything to do with the game either. I'm nearly finished the single player on normal. Have to say, it is disappointing. Even Halo 2 had a longer single player campaign mode but then Halo 3 is basically the last third of Halo 2 that they didn't have enough time to get ready for that game. It's been pretty good though. Taking down those Scarabs are definitely some of the best moments.

I know how you feel Goity. Happened to me. Was playing for an hour, going from the 4th level and found myself on the last one so I saved and switched off.

This game should have come out in July, it feels like a "summer blockbuster" movie all the way through. It's a pretty decent space opera, and the pacing of the action makes it an easier game to sit through than, say, Bioshock, but so far I think Bioshock is still the better overall game.

Not including mutliplayer, of course, which I generally don't do.

I didn't buy it yet, waiting for it to show up in the bargain bin. I also heard it was low-res scaled up. So much for Microsoft's rule that every game must run in HD ;) It is like they just took the Xbox engine and quickly ported it then added a few tweaks. Kind of dissapointing for something that is supposed to be their flagship title. Also the campain is way too short from what I have been hearing, I guess they really only care about on-line, which I don't do or care about.

Finished it earlier today. Took me three days, with about 2 hour sessions on each of them and playing it on normal setting. Was a bit disappointed by the ending. It was bigged up soooo much by many people I had talked to and yet it didnt live up to the hype people were throwing on it. Shame, the last part of the last level was good though. A few seconds when doing it were I thought I wouldn't be able t get to the end of it (those who've finished it will know what I'm talking about).

I've gone back to playing Oblivion now. Finally got the Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles add-on for it on 360 so I'm now working my way through them. Already finished the main Oblivion quest pretty quickly.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5697/haloshockas5.jpg

Hope you guys like this. This is a rough for a concept of cartoons I'm slowing sketching up and putting together, dependent on time and how much of it there really is.

I'm not the hugest fan of Halo, but I was caught in the hype. I don't even own a 360, so both games referenced haven't yet been played.

Anyway, hope it raises a smirk.

Got a smirk out of me. I enjoyed Bioshock's single player more than Halo 3's. But Bioshock has only got that 'One Time Through' feel to it where as you know that even though you have finished Halo, you'll come back and play the single player again.

Pylon_Trooper said:
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5697/haloshockas5.jpg

Hope you guys like this. This is a rough for a concept of cartoons I'm slowing sketching up and putting together, dependent on time and how much of it there really is.

I'm not the hugest fan of Halo, but I was caught in the hype. I don't even own a 360, so both games referenced haven't yet been played.

Anyway, hope it raises a smirk.

Great idea, great drawing.

You have talent, sir.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I'm working on another Halo-themed one at the moment. Dunno, it's just ripe for it all, ol' Halo.

I'll post it when done.

Back