Halo Endlevel - Warthog Nazi Torture Insanity!

___

Advanced Member
Okay, tried to pass halo on xbox in cooperative mode today, normal difficulty. The level where you have to blow up the reactors was tedious but not impossible. Almost freaking threw my controller into my TV-set when that little shitty flying robot kept annoying me with his stupid sentinels but we got through the level together. Honestly, why did they have to make it's voice so obnoxious and unnerving?

Then the last challenge: The nazi warthog parcours of endless pain and torture... or as I like to call it: The NWPOEPAT... What in the world were they thinking when they made that level? Maximum frustration. With two players it lags like shit, making it impossible to steer that hunk of crap of a vehicle at some crucial moments when everything blows up around you but you need to do that one jump or you are screwed. It slides around 180 degrees when you jumped perfectly straight, you always hang at the so called "shortcuts" in the sloped tunnels so you might aswell go around normally and lose time.

Then there are these god forsaken corners on the ramps that you keep on hitting no matter what. There is no point in trying to go through the middle, you always miss and if you are lucky, the warthog flips over and you can't even get it back up because it gets stuck in some crevice.

I HATE THE GUYS WHO DESIGNED THAT LEVEL!!! My nerves are laying blank, I am twitchy and I think I will kill anyone who mentions that shitty game in front of me. Maybe I will try to pass this pile of shit of a level again tomorrow with my buddy, I don't know yet... damn... I need to smoke a joint desperately now I am so agitated.

Has anyone ever had to take anti-depressants because of a video game? Cause I feel like I need to... well I am not really depressed, probably rather need anger-management now.

Okay, had to vent... thanks for listening. Feel free to share your pain.

The first time I beat Halo it took me about 2 hours to finish that piece of shit warthog level. The rest of the game I burned through in no time, but Jesus Christ. I pretty much hated all the human vehicles in the Halo series, but that obstacle course made me angry like few games since the mid-90's.

Not sure if you played Halo 3, but the last part is also a Warthog obstacle course. It's not quite as obnoxious as the one in the first Halo, though.

Oh, and btw, they often prescribe anti-depressants for anger issues. I would know, unfortunately. :(

I know your frustration. The first time I tried to do the end level on Halo:CE, because the warthog flipped while trying to go down the central route, I missed out on getting onto the ship by a couple of seconds. I was literally just outside it when I failed. Took me ages to eventually do it and once I had done it, I never played that level again.

And that bit at the end of Halo 3 that's similar... it's easy. I've talked to sooooo many people who said they failed at it first time. I did it first time. Did almost fall off a couple of times but I did it in one try. Am I cool or what? :p (probably not)

I have read so many comments about the last level, but the thing was I just breezed through it first time no problems! I actually thought it was a bit too easy until I did it a second time, thrid time, fourth time etc ... ! Man it got frustrating! I have no idea how it was no problems for me first time round.

It is still a great finish though i think to the game with the huge battle going on all around you and the great music adding to the atmosphere. At least the level was not early in the game as it could have turned many people off :rolleyes: !

Well I guess it's a worthy ending for a brilliant game graphics and design wise. I liked the action going on all around you, the explosions and all that. It shows the flaws of the game though. Not sure when we will try to pass the last level again, right now it put me and my buddy of too much.

Back