Guns, Action, Mayhem, Etc.

Ok, thanks. I won't be immediately available following the weekend, since I do not have an internet connection where I live. I still haven't implemented any other forms of enemies: I'm going by a path of least resistance ideology at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally had a chance to play around with this the other day - sorry for the late response!

The menu for the game modes should perhaps be on a different screen - pressing enter to select a different option seems countrintitive at betst, and confusing at worst. Also, the game modes don't seem to really do anything. Have they not been implemented yet?

Also, perhaps the most important improvement that needs making at the moment is to the screen that appears after you die. Pressing enter restarts the level, but what if you want a different game mode, or to exit? A menu to let the player choose what to do here would be a good idea.

Also, I still think firing during reloading (which stops the reload at that point) would be a good addition to gameplay itsef - otherwise the larger enemies becomes very difficult to manage very quickly.

^Sorry. I didn't realize you posted this. I posted a new version, and noticed it as I was going to announce a new version being uploaded. Needless to say, I haven't addressed those concerns, but I will write those down and work on them.

I think the game modes were implemented at that point. I designed the button to be clicked and the current option being shown. I don't like the current setup, but it was meant as a temporary solution (because editing a text file would be even worse). I think having the options on a separate screen would be a good idea. I had it so pressing escape exits the game, but dropping out to the main menu would be better. And I don't think it will be that hard to implement. A menu would be a good idea too. I put the High Score board on the Game Over screen, but pressing a key could go to a menu instead of relying on key inputs. I wasn't going to implement firing during reloading, but having multiple guns and switching if necessary makes it easier to manage enemy waves.

Regarding the new release: I uploaded it from a different computer than my testing unit, and the health bar wasn't visible on this one. I'm not sure why it isn't showing up, but I will have to look into it.

Back