Guiing The Picodrive Menu

ketchupgun

Website
www.theimponderables.com
I know precious "dick all" about programming, but I am a graphics guy (print, but I know a thing or two about gifs, pngs and the likes)
Anyways, my hats off to PicoDrive. It's really sweet and works great.

I've been using Squidgesnes and I am really impressed at the wonderful menu, with it's icons and skinnable themes.

Looking at Pico, it's text only.

How does one go about making the menu like a Squidesnes menu?

I'd be more than happy to help out with graphics (it would be my first time doing graphics of this type, aside from making icons in OSX, but I'd like to see this get off the ground, if it's at all possible)

--
ketch

Since you know "dick all" about programming, you're beat.

You might have suggested this to Notaz himself in a PM, but from what I've read, he likes the menu just the way it is (and so do I)

Edit: gui-ing ... :lol:

TelcoLou said:
Since you know "dick all" about programming, you're beat.

You might have suggested this to Notaz himself in a PM, but from what I've read, he likes the menu just the way it is (and so do I)

Edit: gui-ing ... :lol:
hey, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change the functionality of the menu one bit! It's MUCH better than the others (esp save/load states and their shortcuts), I would just like to see some "pretty pictures" ;)

I guess that's where developers and graphic designers have different POVs .. but together we can work and create wonderful dreams come true, and peace on earth, and have the children in the world hold hands and sing Louis Prima songs .. etc etc etc

I'll PM notaz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think, the Pico Drive menu is perfect. Simple and straiight with maximum overview. If you want to make a GFX Menu, look at GPSP, our GBA emulator on GP2X - it REALLY needs a better GUI. I think, you would have enough to do with GPSP ;)

The only thing gPSP needs to do is move the directories on top of the filenames instead of to a column to the right. Otherwise it's perfectly fine. Maybe remembering where your rom directory is, but that's not a big deal.

fusion_power said:
If you want to make a GFX Menu, look at GPSP, our GBA emulator on GP2X - it REALLY needs a better GUI. I think, you would have enough to do with GPSP ;)
There's nothing wrong with it :blink: It's in the same class as Picodrive IMO.
But what REALLY really would need a totally new gui is the PSX4GP2X, it's so horrible.

Shadowsithe said:
Is there a way to actually exit that emulator?
I think so. I don't know the combination but whenever I want to exit (And it didn't crash before it)
I press all possible buttons simultaneously, if I'm lucky it will exit.

Miika said:
Shadowsithe said:
I think so. I don't know the combination but whenever I want to exit (And it didn't crash before it)

If you mean gPSP, press both volume buttons, then choose exit with B.

atomicthumbs said:
Miika said:
Shadowsithe said:

If you mean gPSP, press both volume buttons, then choose exit with B.

No, the PSX emu.

Back