Fw 2.0.0 -> 2.1.1 Upgrade, Picodrive And Z/2x Devs

danboid

I have just upgraded from 2.0.0 to 2.1.1 and although it says I'm running 2.1.1 when its booting, the info screen under the settings menu still says I'm running 2.0.0. Is this a known bug or did I do something wrong?

I've been playing with the new picodrive and compatibility seems pretty good now- Sonic CD, NBA jam, Ninja Warriors and Mickey Mania have all worked for me its just a shame Out of this world 2 isn't working yet.

Why does no-one port all these great emu's to the Zaurus? I know zodttd has got a Z but I'm surprised more devs on here don't have a Zaurus- imagine being able to develop for both the Z and the 2X on the Zaurus! From benchmarks I've seen the SL-C1000/3x00 Zaurii have approx the same computing power as as a 300Mhz PII w/o a FPU and I'd say that seems about right judging off how long it takes to compile stuff and what it can do. Its a shame they've stopped making them now as there is STILL nothing to beat 'em in the world of PDAs.

Also update from the UTIL. There is a .gpu file. This updates software like the movieplayer.

Good luck!

EDIT: Next time search for dedicated topics. There are lots topics about it ;)

I had this problem the first time I updated. Try updating again but make sure you hold down 'start and select' when switching on or the update won't install correctly.

Ooops!

You're right, I forgot I had to run the .gpu file afterwards- thanks for pointing that out, its saying 2.1.1 now!

Why can't both these steps be integrated into one procedure?

Back