Guess how much battery life this will have.

Stradian

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/razer-blade-is-world-s-first-true-gaming-laptop-hits-stores-next-month

razer_blade.jpg

(I bet two hours)

I'll bet it'll be somewhere between an hour and a half to two hours in real-life usage. :p

(No doubt that massaged battery life claims will state something like six hours, though.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Its odd how they claim this is the first gaming laptop; I donm't understand thed difference between it and any other gaming laptop such as an Alienware or my upreferred.. the Sager notebooks (Clevo). Whats the deal? (I've not looked much into it, mind.) ie: Its either like a normal gaming laptop, or like a Pandora.. either way, its not first :)

jeff

2800 USD? :eek:

For a GAMING laptop? :eek:

That's more than I pay for an Apple... and these are already overpriced...

I'll bet it'll be somewhere between an hour and a half to two hours in real-life usage. :p

(No doubt that massaged battery life claims will state something like six hours, though.)
+1

Chris
2800 USD? :eek:

For a GAMING laptop? :eek:

That's more than I pay for an Apple... and these are already overpriced...
+1

And yes I know I stole Chris's idea lol. I guess you could say Chris ripped it off from Google Plus who ripped it off from facebook and gave it a new name, hence '+1' instead of 'like'

'+1' has been around for ages.

My bet is 6 hours (Standby) :p

Probably not much battery life. But it's a pretty awesome build, all things considered. About the same dimensions as a MBP, less than an inch thick (at the thickest!), and about half the volume of any equivalently powered gaming notebook. I wouldn't buy one at that price, though.

So, it's flimsy AND it probably won't last long away from a power outlet, then? :p

Its odd how they claim this is the first gaming laptop; I donm't understand thed difference between it and any other gaming laptop such as an Alienware or my upreferred.. the Sager notebooks (Clevo). Whats the deal? (I've not looked much into it, mind.) ie: Its either like a normal gaming laptop, or like a Pandora.. either way, its not first :)

jeff
They're calling it the first _true_ gaming laptop. Their claim is that previous generations of "gaming" laptops have either been desktop replacements which are too large and heavy to be really portable (luggables, not laptops), or that they were portable but lacked the performance necessary for gaming.

It's not like a Pandora because the Pandora is a pocket-sized device primarily designed around running console emulators. The Pandora doesn't have a full-size screen or keyboard.

Furthermore, even if we're talking about Sager or Alienware laptops, when was the last time you saw a gaming laptop with some innovative gaming-specific hardware (not just cosmetic case design)? I can't even remember seeing a gaming laptop with macro keys, despite the fact that macro keys are nearly universal on desktop gaming keyboards. Whether you agree with Razer's assertions and design choices or not, I think this is still an exciting release because ultimately they are right. There has been a stagnation in the gaming laptop industry. I support the innovation that Razer is bringing to the table, even if this particular product isn't for me.

So, it's flimsy AND it probably won't last long away from a power outlet, then? :p
Milled aluminum construction, and light weight, like the MBP. So probably not flimsy. It also has Optimus, so might last pretty long away from a power outlet, as long as you're not gaming.

Back