Gta: Liberty Stories Question?

gary.mckeown

Website
Visit site
what firmware do you reckon this game will have on it when released? 2.00 or the dreaded 2.01?

i hope its not 2.01 or it will be really hard to decide between neocd emu and gta :-(

gaz.

Depends on when it went to press but I would imagine it'll be 2.01 as it will give sony the upper hand, more people will want to play GTA than use homebrew I guess.

Give it time though I would imagine a version changer may come out to fool the PSP into thinking its 2.01, but if sony has been keeping an eye on the scene then they might develop a new way of version checking.

I guess 2.0... The games would already have started to be pressed before the Update was released, plus ign said they had to update one of their PSP's to 2.00 to play it.

It's not scedualed to release untill around the same time as the xbox 360, and I dont recall hearing that it's "gone gold" yet so there may still be a chance it will feature 2.01.

Well, if it is 2.01....does the WAB (or whatever Yoshi and co is these days) version changer not trick 2.01 games as well? I think it does.

Kop_007 posted on Oct 13 2005 at 12:01 AM said:
Well, if it is 2.01....does the WAB (or whatever Yoshi and co is these days) version changer not trick 2.01 games as well? I think it does.
Noooope.

Stops at 2.00 I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last version was on 03/09/2005 so I doubt the current one does so now it depends on if they can figure out how to get the thing to fake 2.01 which someone might be working on but I wouldn't expect to see it work just yet atleast untill games start offering to ins tall 2.01.

Kop_007 posted on Oct 12 2005 at 11:01 PM said:

Yoshi ran away with all the donations, and has had no part in this downgrader, if I recall correctly....(?)

Twinbee posted on Oct 13 2005 at 12:04 AM said:
Kop_007 posted on Oct 13 2005 at 12:01 AM said:
Well at if it is 2.01....does the WAB (or whatever Yoshi and co is these days) version changer not trick 2.01 games as well? I think it does.
Noooope.

Stops at 2.00 I believe.

Alpha2 posted on Oct 13 2005 at 12:09 AM said:
Last version was on 03/09/2005 so I doubt the current one does so now it depends on if they can figure out how to get the thing to fake 2.01 which someone might be working on but I wouldn't expect to see it work just yet atleast untill games start offering to ins tall 2.01.

lubidog posted on Oct 13 2005 at 07:42 AM said:
Kop_007 posted on Oct 12 2005 at 11:01 PM said:

Yoshi ran away with all the donations, and has had no part in this downgrader, if I recall correctly....(?)

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=5214

I thought I was right.

Pointless now anyway since 2.5 is out.

Who said anything about 2.5?

Strange, the PSP file archive dosent have this version changer. That's where I got the date of the Wab changer. Okay so the SonyXteam released theirs one 10/4 shortly after the japanese release of 2.01. As long as there isn't another upgrade before the release this should work as well as any other changer as long as it dosen't have a hidden Bricker in it or something. :p

Alpha2 posted on Oct 12 2005 at 09:48 PM said:
It's not scedualed to release untill around the same time as the xbox 360, and I dont recall hearing that it's "gone gold" yet so there may still be a chance it will feature 2.01.

???? Release day of the Xbox360 is 2nd December area, Release date of GTA : LCS is 25th October (12 Days)

But I herd some Xbox360 Dev Kit things were stolen so this might push the Xbox release date back..

Oh yea, their is a Firmware faker that fakes 2.01, check pspupdates.com out, theres someone who set it to fake 2.01 and tried to install the 2.01 update but it said that "you are already using the latest firmware" message.

2.5 Firmware has just been released, thats hardly enough time to get it onto the disc when its being released in 12 days, Im guessing it will be getting shipped to all the stores soon to get ready for the release date :)

Wow, GTA has crept up on me.

As a time frame reference:

Japanese firmware 2.0 was released on: 26th July.

WE was one of the first games to have it on the UMD, that was released on: 15th Sept (I think it was).

So, we're looking at around 2 weeks there.

Has GTA gone gold? If not, I reckon 2.5 is a definite.

That's odd I heard both weren't schedualed untill mid to late november. Never heard about any dev-equipment theft, I'm gonna go look up som info on that. As for GTA I don't think it's gone gold yet but if I didn't hear about he date change I guess that's not out of the question.

Okay here's the deal on 2.5:
Newest update adds support for Sony's Location Free TV tuners; live programs can be streamed to remote PSPs.

TOKYO--Sony Computer Entertainment has released a new patch for the PSP that updates the handheld's system software to version 2.50. The update gives the PSP a number of new features, with the biggest addition being the Location Free Player option.

PSP owners will be able to watch TV and play back video recordings through the Internet using the handheld's wireless LAN connection and one of Sony's Location Free TV Base Stations (LF-PK1). The LF-PK1 is a network-enabled TV tuner that lets PCs remotely view television, and it sells for around the price of 29,800 yen ($260).

By hooking up the base station to the Internet, PSP owners can remotely access and check out various TV shows, even if they're overseas. The base station also connects to DVD-HDD recorders and other home video equipment, letting PSP owners remotely play back recordings from their homes.

The PSP update to 2.50 comes with other convenient features as well, one of which is the function to automatically sync the hardware's clock to the correct time via Internet connection.

Sony Computer Entertainment warns that this update to 2.50 is only for Japanese PSPs with model numbers of PSP-1000, PSP-1000 K, or PSP-1000 KCW. There are no guarantees that the patch will operate properly on other PSPs. The company will release patches for PSPs in other countries in the near future, as soon as they are ready.

Details on the 2.50 update patch are below:

Network Functions:
- Added Location Free Player support
- Added Auto-Select and Unicode (UTF-8) as text encoding options in Internet browser
- Added function to save display mode and font size settings in Internet browser
- Internet browser now saves form input history

Video Functions:
- Added capability to play back copyright protected movies saved on Memory Stick Duo.

Settings Functions:
- Added function to automatically set time and date through Internet, via wireless LAN.
- Added WPA-PSK(AES) as network security format.

Miscellaneous Functions:
- Added Korean input through keyboard.
By Hirohiko Niizumi -- GameSpot

So I doubt this will be on GTA:LCS unless it gets pushed back. They'd have to annouce this TV output device here before they set up up with the function.

And the info on the 360 SDK theft:
10 developer kits stolen from warehouse; three recovered by Austrian and German police.

The release of the Xbox 360 is just weeks away, but Microsoft has been shipping out software developer kits for the next-generation console for months. One batch of SDKs arrived in Germany in August to help developers there work on games for the platform, which launches in Europe on December 2.

To help deter theft, the machines were put in unmarked packages when they were stored in a warehouse in Düren, an industrial city on the Ruhr River in the western state of North-Rhein-Westphalia. However, like so many antitheft countermeasures, Microsoft's efforts failed. This week's edition of the German news magazine Der Spiegel reports that several weeks ago, 10 Xbox 360 SDKs were stolen from the warehouse.

Luckily the authorities received a lot of help in finding the stolen SDKs--from the thieves themselves. Der Spiegel reports that within days of the theft, pictures of the SDKs appeared on the Internet, letting police track down their source. As a result, Austrian and German police raided several homes in North-Rhein-Westphalia and in neighboring Austria, where they recovered three of the stolen SDKs.

Unfortunately, seven of the SDKs remain at large, something Microsoft can't be too pleased about. The company has touted the Xbox 360 as much more piracy-resistant device than the current-generation Xbox, which is based on standard PC hardware, making it more vulnerable to modders. Of further concern is that Germany has been home to some of history's most notorious game hackers, including the prime suspect in the infamous 2003 Half-Life 2 code theft, who was arrested in 2004.

When contacted by GameSpot, a Microsoft spokesperson would only say the company "is aware of the issue and [is] taking appropriate actions with the local authorities."
By Tor Thorsen -- GameSpot

Also the last news on a release date for the 360 states November 22nd

in my own mind it makes a lot of sense that 2.5 was always planned to go hand in hand with GTA.

as kop has said, they can get the latest firmware onto a disc within about two weeks.

also 2,5 does seem to contain some sizable new bits

2.01 was obviously never meant to do anything more than cover that one hole

theres no reason why 2.5 hasn't been in the works long enough that it was on the disc weeks ago, sony had to release 2.01 to not lose face etc

The major upgrade in 2.5 is only useful to the japanese as the device that streams video hasn't even been seen anywhere else. Maybe there'll be a 2.4 or 2.6 but it sure wouldn't be the 2.5 japan got.

Steve-O posted on Oct 13 2005 at 07:37 PM said:
Alpha2 posted on Oct 12 2005 at 09:48 PM said:

???? Release day of the Xbox360 is 2nd December area, Release date of GTA : LCS is 25th October (12 Days)

But I herd some Xbox360 Dev Kit things were stolen so this might push the Xbox release date back..

Oh yea, their is a Firmware faker that fakes 2.01, check pspupdates.com out, theres someone who set it to fake 2.01 and tried to install the 2.01 update but it said that "you are already using the latest firmware" message.

2.5 Firmware has just been released, thats hardly enough time to get it onto the disc when its being released in 12 days, Im guessing it will be getting shipped to all the stores soon to get ready for the release date :)
10 Xbox 360 Beta Kits were stolen. 3 have been recovered. 7 are still out there. None were nicked at any other events but at X05 in Amsterdam 10 were stolen. Tells you something about uus europeans compared to japanese and americans ;)

I posted the story about the german theft from gamespot on the previous page... I'm just paraphrasing here but they seem to feel europeans are just just better thieves. :lol: J/K

Back