Gta 2 On Gp2x

Hobo

Website
Visit site
hey guys i was just wondering, could u play grand theft auto 2 or 1 on the Gp2x. If u could that would be coooool! :D

Questions like that one get asked regularly and always get the same answer. Ports of games can only be made if the source code is available. GTA2 is now available for free, but that's only the full game for windows, not the source code.

The game engine is feasible. but there's no code to just compile it. Someone would have to create a whole gta-alike engine from scratch, and I'll tell you this much, it's not going to be me who does it.

It's a shame they didnt release the source code, they've made the game free so may aswell do the source code too or they could had released the source code then charged a small amount for the actual data and still made some money from it.

Yes but the gp2x does have more power so should improve a lot, other games than ridge racers would be a start

With some (very) heavy porting of a nix PSX emulator in ASM, you might get it up to 10fps with no sound. Then again, PSX doesn't use floating points, doesn't have a z buffer..

Don't get your hopes up about PSX.

It's a shame Rockstar didn't opensource GTA.

Grand Theftendo would be your best bet. :)

GTA was on the GBC, so that shouldn't be a problem.

You could always email Rockstar and ask for the source code, never know until you ask.

The PSP is cabable of playstation, i have tryed it and seeems okay, IT Might be better to emulate a dos version of GTA2

Yes but for that you need a DOS emulator in the first place... and from what I've been reading around these here forums, it is unlikely that a DOS emulator would work very well on GP2X, and especially not for more recent games like GTA. It is a very different architecture that needs to be emulated for a start, and then there's all the other hardware like various soundcards etc...

Back