Gmenu2x Help Plz

so, my sd card is being delivered, should be in here in a week or so and wanna set a folder up ready to copy-paste on me gp2x and start playing..

so i got lots of emulators/roms/homebrew games

how would i set up my root sd card, shud i just have gmenu2x in the root, and put all my things into the sections folder?

also which is best snes and megadrive emulators
speed more important the compatability

also, Grand theft auto 2 status any good?
worth me making .img file of my ps1 disc? it playable?

thanks for help

You can do it however you want. The best way would be just have all the programs ready in the zip/rar files and wait until your SD arrives, then have a play.

GMenu2X will go on the root of the SD card unless you want it on the NAND.

I'd sort everything into relevant folders on the SD like /mnt/sd/emulators/snes/
/mnt/sd/games/Noiz2sa/
etc

I have the gmenu2x application, icons, links, etc on the Nand memory and a tweaked autorun.gpu on each of my sd cards. Gmenu2x is smart enough to hide links that don't exist.
This way you only need one install of the app, one set of icons to maintain, etc no matter how many sd cards you end up with :p

Cheers,

Andy

Balki said:
I have the gmenu2x application, icons, links, etc on the Nand memory and a tweaked autorun.gpu on each of my sd cards. Gmenu2x is smart enough to hide links that don't exist.
This way you only need one install of the app, one set of icons to maintain, etc no matter how many sd cards you end up with :p
I've done a similar thing, but I've got the autorun.gpu on the NAND too. I've set up the option in the settings menu to automount the NAND on boot. So gmenu2x runs whether or not there's an SD card inserted - which is only really useful if there's other stuff on the NAND too. I don't have anything else there yet, but this seemed a neater way of doing it, especially since I own Payback and Vektar commercial games, so didn't really want to cause the copy-control to kick off on those.

Cheers,
Alyn.

Last edited by a moderator:
meh gpmenu is a pain in the arse
just sat there and set up 100 links and now had to reformat the card
even lost all my downloaded homebrew games and emu's took me 1-2 hours
lost all
anyway i can download every homebrew game at once? because takes long time unzipping them 1 by 1

freddykreuger666 said:
meh gpmenu is a pain in the arse
just sat there and set up 100 links and now had to reformat the card
even lost all my downloaded homebrew games and emu's took me 1-2 hours
lost all
anyway i can download every homebrew game at once? because takes long time unzipping them 1 by 1
:lol: Sometimes it's smart to backup your SD data to your harddrive before formatting...

Gmenu2x is very useful for easy access and easy over/under clocking of specific apps. Don't let your own mistake alter your perception of it :)

freddykreuger666 said:
so if i used the gmenu2x over/clocking feature, and go into say, picodrive, will it still be overclocked?
Propably not, because PicoDrive already has a built-in clockspeed setting, but for games like Quake, you can press volume buttons when the link is highlighted to change the startup clockspeed.

Back