Gstreamer-ti

klaxonn

Hello,

I've compiled the gstream plugin which use the DSP of the Pandora. As i don't have a Pandora, i didn't test the modules and the plugin.

You need to install all packages contained in the archive.

To start this : /usr/share/ti/gst/omap3530/loadmodules.sh

It may be necessary to modify the kernel arguments to avoid conflicts.

You can have more explications here : http://jumpnowtek.co...mstix&Itemid=67

You can find some examples to test the gstreamer plugin : http://processors.wi...eamer_Pipelines

Codecs included : High Efficiency AAC decoder, Low Delay AAC decoder, MP3 decoder, WMA9 decoder, h264 encoder, h264 decoder, MPEG2 decoder, MPEG4 decoder, MPEG4 encoder, JPEG decoder,

Bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one.

AFAIK, the DSP requires the kernel to have some memory reserved as well, so these modules will probably not work out of the box.

But it's something to work on, thanks :)

With the memory upgrade on the german units the memory reserve is no problem. In my opinion this is one of the main things that would make the device even more awesome. Video decoding with almost no cpu usage would be great and could enhance the battery life.

Nice one.

AFAIK, the DSP requires the kernel to have some memory reserved as well, so these modules will probably not work out of the box.

But it's something to work on, thanks :)

Yes, you must add the mem arguments with the right values to u-boot.

Is it possible to add a boot-time option to reserve the memory for DSP? For instance, if you hold down a certain button on boot?

Somebody should get it running at all and then we can start thinking about things like boot options. Currently it's possible to set it using boot.txt/autoboot.txt .

It works the same way for the NAND ?

What do you mean?

You can change kernel arguments and still boot from NAND with boot.txt/autoboot.txt , like:

Code:
setenv bootargs ubi.mtd=4 ubi.mtd=3 root=ubi0:rootfs rw vram=6272K omapfb.vram=0:3000K <additional args here>

I wasn't sure that NAND used a boot.txt/autoboot.txt file to boot too.

Thanks.

Hmmm installing these packages put the boot.txt on the nand itself.

so I moved it to my SD restarted with R Button held,

booted from SD1

and... it drops me back to boot menu.

So from boot menu I choose to boot from nand and:

VFS: Cannot open root device "ubi0:rootfs" or unknown-block(0,0)

Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available patitions:

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

Yes, these packages are supposed to be installed on the nand for now.

I don't know the right kernel arguments for booting from the nand, i used the ones from notaz.

Maybe i forgot something.

How did you do it ?

What dmesg say ?

Using this as a reference: http://pandorawiki.org/Debian_On_SD#Flashing_the_Image

I modified the boot.txt

The boot.txt is on the SD card and launched from the RButton boot menu.

I ran

sudo /usr/share/ti/gst/omap3530/loadmodules.sh

I get this in console:

FATAL: Error inserting cmemk (/lib/modules/2.6.27.57-omap/kernel/drivers/dsp/cmemk.ko): Invalid module format

and dmesg:

cmemk: module has no symbols (stripped?)