Grieving For The Gp2x

Been 24 hours since I got the news, an emotional roller coaster ride as it starts to sink in. May no

• Denial, they wouldn't dare, must be a mistake or something!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anger, damn those filthy bastards and flame everyone.

• Bargaining, let's talk to them, we can change their mind. How much do they want?

• Depression, I don't care anymore, screw the gp2x, pandora and the freerunner are coming out.

• Acceptance, It's dead Jim, I'm ready for whatevers next.

• Total voters

Cheers Sphinxter :)

Almost done mate.

Back on topic:
As I alluded to in last nights 'couple of beers later' post there is loads of life in the GP2X. I'll continue to develop for it alongside the Pandora.

Hmm, my stage isn't listed: Don't Care - too busy playing with it.
I just installed the new neocd2X. What do you mean disk full? Arghhh. Time to buy another 8Gb SD.

The GP2X is dead, long live the GP2X.

I am totally new to the gp world, never owned one or held one or anything. I knew the Pandora was coming out but decided to get the f200 since it seems to do everything I want (sega genesis, GBA, supernes, and the holy grail, lucasarts and some sierra adventure games) and is already out.

I figure the Pandora may not be out in August, and even if it is it will be a few months before it gets everything ported over to it, etc. etc.

Ill just upgrade to a pandora 2.0 (hopefully prettier design, as powerful as the pandora is the design is quite plain and boring, looks like an ASUS EEEPC, not a gaming handheld) in a year and I can easily sell my f200 on ebay im sure, might end up getting a good price since they will be harder and harder to purchase.

Bought a '2X way back in 2006. Ah, the memories... I think I'll dust off that ol' handy handheld and give it another go just for old times sake ;)

Metal Slug 7 is out on DS so mine grieving stopped a little...

quasist said:
Metal Slug 7 is out on DS so mine grieving stopped a little...
:blink: there is a Metal Slug 7? :eek: Why nobody told me??? But for the DS????
Ok if there is a reason to buy a DS and not a Pandora, then it would be Metal Slug...and the new Advance Wars!
I really hope, the Pandora Homebrew Scene will throw out Games that can stand against Metal Slug and Advance Wars Series. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Metal slug 7? I've played some Metal Slug on the GP2X and it is good fun for a while but really, they all look, feel and play alike. Do we need another one?
No DS for me, still waiting for the Pandora.. and in the mean time enjoying good ol' GP2X

fusion_power said:
I really hope, the Pandora Homebrew Scene will throw out Games that can stand against Metal Slug and Advance Wars Series. ^_^
It will certanly be. Future pandora's users are so lame so they will even worship puzzle games.

I'm still waiting to see true GP2X successor from GPH.

Last edited by a moderator:
To those who are trying to get one before their gone, I highly suggest picking up the cradle (if they are still available) and some of those SNES USB adapters at Retrousb.com. There is no other portable system that can do TV-Out multiplay like the GP2X/Cradle combo. That ALONE is worth the price of admission. B)

Back