Greetings

Hello.

Name's Pablo and I'm from Chile(the country, not the Mexican delicatessen). Placed my order some weeks ago for a Pandora(3900-4000 :rolleyes: )
I'm an architect(as in buildings) and a 28 years old geezer.
So, that's for the statistics.
My hobbies are reading, tabletop role playing, casual sex, long walks on the beach and amateur programming.

The last console I owned and used was an N64 back in the late 90's early 2000's, though I sometimes got stuck on my younger brother's gamecube. I also got a Wii as a birthday gift when I finished University but that was mostly due to a joke my parents didn't quite get. I hardly ever used it and ended up selling it(never had any money to buy games for it anyway, and renting them turned out to be quite complicated, due to reactions and safeguards from local shoplifting practices. Any renting also had to coincide with large chunks of free time that sadly I wasn't getting back then...). I'm actually more thrilled about my undelivered pandora that I ever was for that surprise Wii.

And on par with games and emulators, I'm interested on what other software I'll be able to get into it. Stuff like blende or gimp would be nice, and I'm guessing the touch screen + pure data could be a sweet combination.

So, hello to everyone, hope to partake in some interesting discussions, and I lets keep those fingers crossed.

Come join in on the fun! http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52134-q-warranty-at-800mhz/

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome on board.

there's an interesting discussion going on about warranty but I would stay out of that one since it shows the ugly side of the community :lol:

ninja'd

Yah you got here during a shit-storm, things are a little more heated than usual here, not to fear though, welcome!

As far as I know, gimp will be available on day one & is already in the repository. I don't remember what the word on blender was, but i remember it being discussed, so you might find the answer after a quick search =]

Better to have one now than after the first pandoras break due to overclocking

wow! traffick.

1.- I wouldn't know the first thing about overclocking anyway.
2.- I'm here on the other side of the world so my hopes as to claiming any warranty rights are pretty much nelligible.
3.- I'll just be happy if it ever gets here.

Welcome, have a nice stay.
Also, we have some other south americans around here I think (at least I am half).

As time goes one there are likely to be some very cool surprises as there's more depth in the Pandora then in a lot of other devices. Which means we might see a few cool brand new games rather than just sticking to emulators (in fact the Pandorapress blog has a long list of projects in development that I personally cant wait to see.) Even better is the fact that it's a pocket size linux laptop and the list of uses grow exponentially.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back