Grandtheftendo Dead?

GPM2k6

Still Fresh
Does anyone know what happend to the NES remake of the GTA series (GrandTheftEndo)?

The site is not working at the moment, hopefully the project is still alive, and they are just facing some minor setbacks. It would be sweet to play that ROM on the GP2X :D

Here's a screenshot of it http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1745/gtngasrl7.gif

The official site had more stuff, but it's not working at the moment. The URL is: www.GrandTheftEndo.com

No.

Seems like bripro.com is also partially down... Last I heard was that he was still working on it so let's hope he only has some technical difficulties with his websites.

I'm well aware of Payback, however, it's not free, AND although it's a GTA clone, it's not really based on GTA. Only the style is, while this NES Remake is more GTA oriented, and it's a "new" version of the GTA series, NES Style :p

Yeah, sorry, that comment was pretty ignorant. I would really like a 2D version of GTA, that differs slightly from 1, 2, and London.

I am guessing wildly and having a little bit of a stab in the dark but the original GTA games arn't free either. Except I think you can get the PC versions for free.

I dont get it! Everyone seems to all of a sudden want gta games, someone makes a similar styled game and no one's interested. The demo is pretty big and should occupy your time a bit. What's everyone got against it?

I am guessing wildly and having a little bit of a stab in the dark but the original GTA games arn't free either. Except I think you can get the PC versions for free.

I dont get it! Everyone seems to all of a sudden want gta games, someone makes a similar styled game and no one's interested. The demo is pretty big and should occupy your time a bit. What's everyone got against it?

Well, when something new comes out, people get inspired and start looking for similar things. Just look at Final Fantasy. FFXII is out, and now you have people on here asking about old FF games and such.

Last edited by a moderator:

well i for one like payback (",). once ive finished sorting out my mame list ill commit a bit more time to it...

I also wan't grandtheftendo and well the reason is because it's a NES 8BIT GAME! His project is without any doub't on my top 10 most amazing console projects made from scratch.

Btw you can download both gta and gta2 for free from rockstar!

I will buy the payback game if it's good i will try the demo soon when im finnished filling my 8GB sd card with roms :D

//som99

som99 said:
I also wan't grandtheftendo and well the reason is because it's a NES 8BIT GAME! His project is without any doub't on my top 10 most amazing console projects made from scratch.

I will buy the payback game if it's good i will try the demo soon when im finnished filling my 8GB sd card with roms :D

//som99
although the games are free from rockstar, there is no source (so we cant play them on the 2x) there has been a few petitions for rockstar to release the source for these games (maybe one day they will....)

Samba Pa Ti said:
som99 said:

//som99
although the games are free from rockstar, there is no source (so we cant play them on the 2x) there has been a few petitions for rockstar to release the source for these games (maybe one day they will....)

Yea i know they haven't released the source and thats a shame but I hope they will someday :D
But would it be impossible to port the first gta to the gp2x if the code where released, I doubt it would be impossible but I dont think anyone would want to do a big project as that :p

//som99

Don't overlook Payback. It has in my opinion a smoother engine than GTA, and it's just as fun. Of course, the original GTA has its own personality and detail that Payback does not reach, but the overall feel is about the same.

mdinire said:
A GTA 1/2 Map Editor would really end all this :eek:
..tell me if there is one
I've used a map editor for GTA1, made some smaller cities of my own, don't remember the name of it though. I recall a map for GTA where it was winter and they had replaced some of the cars with snowmobiles and stuff - pretty fun.

Where's grandtheftendo!?

I was really looking forward to this!

Back