Gpsp2x 0.9-2xb U3 Released!

I just tried a few games, and though it's hard to be definitive because the FPS jumps around a lot, it seems speed is roughly the same but may vary game to game.

My unscientific results;
-Mario Kart seems about 5 fps or so faster in new version
-Mario v DK maybe has lost a few fps in new version
-Racing Gears also seems to lose a few fps in new version

Summon Night : SwordCraft story seems to be slower than in last release :\

I only play Harvest Moon with the emu so far :p. At 200mhz it can lag a little bittle when walking through the town. OC to 210mhz and problem solved.

I can't get Mario Tennis to work (just when you hit start to play it restarts the game and does the same thing, although too laggy to be playable).

Ok, I think with another Frameskip value, the Emulator could be faster at least a little bit. This Auto-FS in GPSP seems to act different than in Picodrive. Auto 2 is slower than Auto 1.
I've played a little bit with the "Sonic Advance" Series, I think this is the best speed-Test for a GBA Emulator. :) With Auto and FS 2, its playable but the FPS feels very "interrupted". With FS 1 (still auto) it feels a little bit better (everything at 200MHz) But the 30-45 FPS Average could look smoother I think. Maybe some tricks from Picodrive could improve the "smoothness" of the Emulation, independent from the FPS?
I still have no clue, which Frameskip Method is better "uniform" or the other?

I had some issues in f-zero gp legends, some voices are not played correctly sometimes, for example in the start count instead of saying "one" it says "three" agan, also sometimes when you finish a race it says "go" instead of "finish" and when you get the boster at the seccond lap the voices are not played correctly too.

I notice that for me golden sun plays slow in battle (at 14 fps) and the sound gets too choppy.

Yeah.. Zelda The Minish Cap now run smoother than previous..
Final Fantasy, Harvestmoon too.. and all other popular games..
Overall the speed is improved. the neat menu is the plus!
I see A LOT of improvement here and there..
The best emu on GP2X!

And the most shocking part is..
Sword of Mana are playable now!
(although has a little stuttering sound, trying to overclock it.)

If may I suggest, please add back the brightness / gamma setting, because on some games the colour was too bright.

and add save configuration for the game, not all games need to be overclocked till 270 Mhz.

Thanks for Notaz & Exophase. Both of you are magnificent!! :)

Whoa! Thank you!

With all these improvements, i feel, i wanna play Pokemon Leaf Green at the work again... :blush:

btw, could it be possible, to make emu remember it`s rom directory?

yes, good release. but i have few questions.
i have some text graphics glitches in Rayman and TombRaider Prophecy.
In older releases everything fine.
In Samurai Kyo after few seconds game going to restarting loop.
TombRaider Legends not working. its memory isue ? have 8mb size

Awesome release! Seems to be quite faster, the last version I had played Baldur's Gate with some stuttering now and then, but so far I've played for about 1 hour and a half without any slowdowns at 200 MHz!

GT Advance 3 also seems much faster, although still not quite playable on race mode, only time trials. But faster that's for sure. I'll be a very happy man the day I can play this game on the GP2X :)

Nice release, glad to see that the CPU tweaker frontend is gone as it was pretty useless (couldn't set gamma properly).

Shame the colours are so wrong in Sega Arcade Classics "Outrun" though, as that (and Ms Pacman Maze Madness, which still fails at the intro screen) is the whole reason that I wanted this emulator so badly :-(

D.

Dunny said:
Nice release, glad to see that the CPU tweaker frontend is gone as it was pretty useless (couldn't set gamma properly).

Shame the colours are so wrong in Sega Arcade Classics "Outrun" though, as that (and Ms Pacman Maze Madness, which still fails at the intro screen) is the whole reason that I wanted this emulator so badly :-(

D.
Try Outrun on the newest MAME. Has some slowdown, but with the right settings works pretty well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really hyped about this one since the begining. Anyhow...

Mario & Luigi works now! but sometimes it Frezzes up the unit or just the ROM freeses when going into Battle, and sometimes just at random. Fix that and the world will be complete! :D

Classic Team said:
Mario & Luigi works now! but sometimes it Frezzes up the unit or just the ROM freeses when going into Battle, and sometimes just at random.
Same here, but I am also having troubles with other games.

For starters Mario Golf Advance Tour resets the emulator before I can enter my name, and Bomberman Jetters Game Collection crashes on some mini-games and resets and or exits the emulator on others, and sometimes it just randomly freezes on a mini-game. Super Mario Advance 2's sound driver just crashes around the title screen or so.

Every other game I have tested works fine however, and I am loving the 3:2 scaling option! :)

:) Great this emu, but there are small problems of compatibility, i have download SMSADVANCE (the emu MASTER SISTEM, GAME GEAR, AND SG 1000) for GBA.
This emu don't work propertly, i was very interessed for play at the games of the SG1000, but nothing :( , i hope in future.

p.s. : ALEX KID is a fantastic emulator for GP2X, but don't work the emulation of SG1000.

DARKGATE said:
:) Great this emu, but there are small problems of compatibility, i have download SMSADVANCE (the emu MASTER SISTEM, GAME GEAR, AND SG 1000) for GBA.
This emu don't work propertly, i was very interessed for play at the games of the SG1000, but nothing :( , i hope in future.
p.s. : ALEX KID is a fantastic emulator for GP2X, but don't work the emulation of SG1000.

hey darkgate ;)
are you trying to run an emulator inside another emulator? cool!

anyway an SG1000 emulator for gp2x will be better for that...

Hi, this new version of the emu is great and thanks to all devs I can enjoy most of my favourite gba games , but I wanted to share info about some roms which I have been having troubles with ,

Sonic Pinball Party
When you open the rom , for a moment it seems as if it is loading , then it suddenly exits the gpsp2x and returns to gmenu2x

Pawafuru Pro Yakyuu Pocket
Runs generally good,almost full speed but after the batter hits the ball ,the sound gets distorted and game seems to run a bit glitchy in the stadium overview screen.

Super Mario Advance 4
It runs good with a little overclock , but has a strange problem of ingame music echoing,just like it is playing twice,a bit hard to explain

Mario Tennis Advance
Starts and menu screen appears (music and speed ae very glitchy even on 250mhz) , after you press a key , gba boot screen comes out of nowhere,just to experience the same thing over and over...

Btw the fps counter just seems to randomly(?) appear in the upper left corner of the screen while playing a game.

Also ,while thinking about nice features for future releases(I hope there are) , remembering the place you were at the last rom you played (for example after playing sonic advance if you want to play sonic battle , you have to scroll all way from up to bottom). And also remembering last roms played just like vba would be nice if possible

thanks

Alghazanth said:
Hi, this new version of the emu is great and thanks to all devs I can enjoy most of my favourite gba games , but I wanted to share info about some roms which I have been having troubles with ,

Sonic Pinball Party
When you open the rom , for a moment it seems as if it is loading , then it suddenly exits the gpsp2x and returns to gmenu2x

Pawafuru Pro Yakyuu Pocket
Runs generally good,almost full speed but after the batter hits the ball ,the sound gets distorted and game seems to run a bit glitchy in the stadium overview screen.

Super Mario Advance 4
It runs good with a little overclock , but has a strange problem of ingame music echoing,just like it is playing twice,a bit hard to explain

Mario Tennis Advance
Starts and menu screen appears (music and speed ae very glitchy even on 250mhz) , after you press a key , gba boot screen comes out of nowhere,just to experience the same thing over and over...

Btw the fps counter just seems to randomly(?) appear in the upper left corner of the screen while playing a game.

Also ,while thinking about nice features for future releases(I hope there are) , remembering the place you were at the last rom you played (for example after playing sonic advance if you want to play sonic battle , you have to scroll all way from up to bottom). And also remembering last roms played just like vba would be nice if possible

thanks
You might want to try another version of the rom for sonic pinball as im pretty sure mine works fine, although i havent played it much. My fps counter doesnt randomly appear, are you accidently stick clicking?But tennis is the same. The idea for remembering rom place would be good.

Thanks fo the info. I got another sonic pinball party rom fom a different site and works fine.

It was possible caused because in the previous rom the release group hacked and added their own intro to the rom starting, which flashed for one moment and disappeared previously.

I also noticed power pro kun pocket 3 runs slower than the later games for some reason, especially 5 and 6 run very smooth. Those games are indispensible for me , since jikkyou pawafuru pro yakyuu counterparts on snes run awful even with 250 mhz.

Also sadly puyo pop fever runs slow on vs com mode even with overclock , anyone have any way to run it better ? it"s the best puyo puyo I played

Hi and sorry for reviving this topic. I have installed the latest version of this software and tried two different gba bios files but cannot for the life of me get this to work. I have unzipped and renamed it gba_bios.bin and placed it in the same directory as the .gpe file. When I start the emulator it says that it cannot find gba_bios.bin

The bios file is the exact size in kb that is stated on the readme file. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong here? I have gotten The Minish Cap to work on VisualBoy Advance on my PC and really wanted to play it on the go. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it!

Back