Gpsp2x 0.9-2xb U3 Released!

Charco said:
Hi and sorry for reviving this topic. I have installed the latest version of this software and tried two different gba bios files but cannot for the life of me get this to work. I have unzipped and renamed it gba_bios.bin and placed it in the same directory as the .gpe file. When I start the emulator it says that it cannot find gba_bios.bin

The bios file is the exact size in kb that is stated on the readme file. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong here? I have gotten The Minish Cap to work on VisualBoy Advance on my PC and really wanted to play it on the go. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it!

Have you checked that the GBA BIOS Dump matches exactly as stated on this website?

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably didn't really name it gba_bios.bin. Check if Windows is hiding its extension from you.

I have no idea how to check hash values. Running emus seems to be much more complicated on a gp2x than a pc. I will try again I suppose.

Charco said:
I have no idea how to check hash values. Running emus seems to be much more complicated on a gp2x than a pc. I will try again I suppose.
There are tons of freeware checksum calculators available... try this one: HashCalc (Windows only)

Browse for the "gba_bios.bin" and then, press Calculate. (You can even just drag the file into HashCalc)

The MD5 checksum value should be: a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't waste your time, it'd only say you don't have it if there's no file named that. So either it's not named that (do a dir in cmd to find out) or it's in the wrong directory (has to be in the same place as gpSP itself).

This might be more than you'd have to do for other emulators, but on the bright side you might learn something new in the process :x

Got it working and now enjoying the wonderful Zelda: The Minish Cap!! Thanks for all your help lads and thanks quasist for the pm ;)

By the way... will there be another update some day? GPSP still has sometimes graphics missing. For example in "Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance" the highlighting of equipment into the inventory doesn't work. Normaly you see what Item do you have in use or which clothing you are wearing (it has a coloured background in the list) but GPSP doesn't show this effect so you can't see what Item is only into the Inventory and what Item do you atualy use...I always have to check the stats and select and deselect Items etc...
I think it's one of the last bigger bugs of GPSP.... ^_^

Just bought a pair of GBA's ... I will really miss GPSP :(

P.S: Balurds Gate:DA rules ! :) too bad for no multiplayer

Back