I Need Help With Gpquake!

Grebn

Hi all,

I've just installed the new beta version of GPQuake (0.6 I think) - I've done all it says to on the readme file - I've put the FXE in GPMM/Quake, and the pak1.pak inside the id1 folder, but when I try and run it from the in-game menu, all I get is a white screen saying W_LoadWadFile: couldn't load gfx.wad - where would I get this file from, and where do I put it? I've got the original game on disc...

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated! The above happens with any settings I try and kick the game off with..

Paul

You don't have to buy the game, you can use the shareware version. I'm not sure how many levels the shareware quake has, but the shareware doom has the first episode which is actually quite long. If you beat the shareware version and want more then you can look around for the real version. From some of your other posts, daclassicgamingmaster, it seems like you are pretty new to everything (including some basic things such as "searching") so if you are having trouble finding the shareware you can send me a personal message and I'd be glad to find it for you. Just make sure you actually try to find it on your own before asking me, I have a life too. Hope this helps, good luck.

deadlychicken22 posted on Sep 6 2005 at 08:13 PM said:
You don't have to buy the game, you can use the shareware version. I'm not sure how many levels the shareware quake has, but the shareware doom has the first episode which is actually quite long. If you beat the shareware version and want more then you can look around for the real version. From some of your other posts, daclassicgamingmaster, it seems like you are pretty new to everything (including some basic things such as "searching") so if you are having trouble finding the shareware you can send me a personal message and I'd be glad to find it for you. Just make sure you actually try to find it on your own before asking me, I have a life too. Hope this helps, good luck.
lol thanks. i can look on some p2p networks i have....

Last edited by a moderator:
:huh: ... You don't need a p2p network to get it, just search the net. Getting the shareware version is completely legal.

Back