Gpfrodo Update

Are there any other changes? I don't have a chatboard so I was just wondering.

Thanks, and great work :)

DaveC posted on Sep 16 2004 at 05:46 PM said:
Are there any other changes? I don't have a chatboard so I was just wondering.

Thanks, and great work :)

Only a fix to a buttons menu bug that could occasionally crash it, though didn't seem to often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally chatboard support.
Yeeeeeeeehaaa - great, thanks :)

Haven't tried a beta since version 9... I have to try if Alter Ego runs now :)

YAY!! :D

I should be getting my chatbaord any day now. Thank you so much for all your work.

Great !! :)
Now only the collision detection bug remains ........ (Dropzone, Ancipital, . . . .)

Does Twin Kingdom Valley work with this? I remember playing it at school a helluva long time ago. (can't test it right now, since I'm at work).

No, or CREATURES...

The Apex Twins games and the collision detection in Dropzone fixed and then I'm complete! (Maybe have a shoulder button or two as configurable keys also for games such as Dropzone (for cloak)...?)

Now I can finally play Treasure Island Dizzy at a leisurely pace!

®

Great work indeed. :)

Problems/comments:

I found out shift-p is a shotcut to F3 on the c64. Are there anymore shortcuts?

Sometimes when the dir browser doesn't work I use: load"$",8
But i when i try to type a comma (,) using the chatboard, I get a questionmark (?).
Does anyone know how to type a comma?

After a some time the chatboard doesn't respond anymore. Letters are appearing when typing numbers and other strange stuff.

Shirohagen posted on Sep 17 2004 at 03:23 PM said:
No, or CREATURES...

The Apex Twins games and the collision detection in Dropzone fixed and then I'm complete! (Maybe have a shoulder button or two as configurable keys also for games such as Dropzone (for cloak)...?)

®

Is this "collision bug" the same one that causes the character in MsPacman to fall through the maze after a few minutes?

tix posted on Sep 17 2004 at 06:37 AM said:
Great !!  :)
Now only the collision detection bug remains ........ (Dropzone, Ancipital, . . . .)

Don't forget the sound bug too. It seems to pop/stutter more than it did in beta 9 as well. After those are fixed it will be near perfect.

DaveC posted on Sep 17 2004 at 05:59 PM said:
Shirohagen posted on Sep 17 2004 at 03:23 PM said:
No, or CREATURES...

®

Is this "collision bug" the same one that causes the character in MsPacman to fall through the maze after a few minutes?

Hey DaveC - I had the same problem with Ms Pacman, but it doesn't happen if you use FrodoPC. Its also a bit slower, which helps me last longer what with my ailing reflexes and all :p

Darn it - I deleted GPMM/c64/frodo when I installed the new version (savestates weren't working for me) and it indeed it worked until I came back the next day and tried to load savestates - they were all gone :(

Yeah I had posted here that they were finally working as I have had a lot of trouble with them between sessions. I played the GP32 several times that day using the savestates no problem, but the next day, guess what... they were all gone again!

In a way though, I'm glad others are finding this as it means it is less likely to be something I am doing wrong (what CAN I do wrong?) and more likely to be something we will see a fix to. there is definately something fishy about the Frodo folder...

®

yeah still having probs with savestates too, only when I tried this version and after deleting the "frodo" directory, I got a message when saving a state "do not switch off.... " etc. and have never seen that before. though when I reset I got a load of garbled text when I go to load savestate, the state still loaded tho......

please snaff, be our hero and look into it :) :)

Back