c64 emu released

I read some posts about games being only in .t64 or .prg files so i think that helping you out is a good idea for the first post here :)
At STA's homepage (unfortunately not opening right now, dunno why) you can find a program called Star Commander. It is a NortonCommander-like shell which can read/write/edit/create various file formats used by C64 emulators.
Thus it can be used to create *.d64 image files with anything you wish inside.

This is my first post in here so: "Hi! :)"

Greetings to you, too! B)

I always assumed that Star Commander was a program for reading 1541 drives via those parallel cables they use for transferring the images. At times it is nice to be wrong :)

Hopefully now I can get my copy of Monty on the Run working! The only D64 I can find is one that has a crack and it crashes on bootup...whereas it shouldn't. I remember v1.x of C64S had the same problem and it was fixed by 2.0, but it was just a bad checksum or something. Other versions of the game worked fine. I'm sure I had a T64 of it, though.

I dunno why http://sta.c64.org/ isn't working, because http://cia.c64.org/ is. I guess the link bounces it to another site. It's on the latter site anyway - dunno if it's the latest version though. It's under 'Tools', not 'Utils'. I dunno what the difference between the two is!

Argh! I feel like a gimp replying to every single post! But still...

I could not get either utility to work properly...64copy crashed after drive selection (I think the network confused it. Maybe.) and Star Commander, well it refused to load the whole directory and stopped at Iridis Alpha, ironically. I think I need a frontend for it or something... I'm using WinXP, of course. If I had to I could go use my other Win98 PC or Laptop, but the other PC is really unstable (it's prone to blowing up power supplies! It's not even overclocked!) and the laptop, well, it hates Win98. It hates it so much it refuses to shut down properly and takes 2-4 minutes to boot up, and the only reason it has Win98 is cos of the network drivers for Win95 being dysfunctional. I don't think I could describe network drivers in DOS without using a swear word or ten. :p

Actually, I could just copy all the games I want to convert to another directory, couldn't I? Whoops! I'm sure that'll do for now, but does anyone know a more permanent solution? I typed all of this, I may as well make it worth my time!

Well I believe I used to use Star Commander mainly in DOS mode because only then would it recognize my XE1541 cable. And in there everything worked perfectly. Now when I run it in XP it does hang from time to time which is weird, i think it didn't happen under W2k.

I actually couldn't figure out how to put the files into a disk image once i made a new disk image...I think I'll have to give it another go later, now I've had some sleep...

Hmm... 64copy crashes?
Strange...
I'm running it on three different systems (Win2k, WinXP and Win98, all with a lot of network drives) and I didn't have any problems...
Do you get an error message?

Yeah, but it didn't actually say what the error was...just a blank space. Also, last time I tried running it, it just froze and I had to close the window. In any case I got Star Commander working - I really was half asleep last time. Works fine, I tested it on PRGs, P00's and games with multiple files, no probs :)

Well, I have been using this:

http://almighty.c64.org/d64editor.html

to stick .prgs onto disk images, and fix those annoying situations where the game you want is on a disk with loads of games on, and Frodo only loads the first file on the disk. Seems to do the job OK for me.

\
:)-) - Yak
/

Snaff, I've said it before but I'll say it again - you RAWK mate :).

\
/

Thank you Snaff! :D

Keep up the good work, every improvement you make is very much appreciated! B)

RadEd.

}Yak{ posted on Mar 7 2003 said:
Snaff, I've said it before but I'll say it again - you RAWK mate :).

\
/
Just trying to do those camels justice :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back