Gpfce For Caanoo

Is anyone having problems with sav files? The emu seems to create them fine but when I start up the rom it acts like theres no saves.

No, for me it's all right... I save the state with "left trigger" and after I load the saved state with "right trigger" (I tested many NES/Famicom games)...

Gab1975 said:
No, for me it's all right... I save the state with "left trigger" and after I load the saved state with "right trigger" (I tested many NES/Famicom games)...

I meant it wouldn't recognise the internal save file rather than save states.

Last edited by a moderator:
redlemon said:
Gab1975 said:

I meant it wouldn't recognise the internal save file rather than save states.

I'm sorry, but for the internal cfg file I don't know... I use the same one setting for all ROM...

hi-ban said:
wouldn't it be better to use the home button for entering the menu, and an "exit" option in the menu? (like most other emulators)
This is the only emu which doesn't use the home button.
i've had to search google to find out how to exit the emu :lol:

just my opinion...

Ima agreein with this here

Also hey, I wanted to share this with you all.
I really was not too keen with the default background for this excellent emulator. This emulator is too important to not look good ;)

So I took Nintendo's 25th anniversary image, did some tilt shift magic, added relevant typography and ended up with something I actually kinda like looking at.
Hope ya'll do too!

background.png

*to use it, just replace the "background.png" image that's already in the executable's folder.

traylorpark said:
Also hey, I wanted to share this with you all.
I really was not too keen with the default background for this excellent emulator. This emulator is too important to not look good ;)

So I took Nintendo's 25th anniversary image, did some tilt shift magic, added relevant typography and ended up with something I actually kinda like looking at.
Hope ya'll do too!

background.png

*to use it, just replace the "background.png" image that's already in the executable's folder.

Nice one, much classier looking.

traylorpark said:

Aaahhhh...that's so much better than the crappy zoom-blur that's in by default, thank you.

This release of GPFCE i'm using though is all too buggy, things like the video not displaying properly when the rom is booted (seems to only be on the second launch of gpfce.gpe), 44100hz audio crashing the program, video not working on loading a savestate, etc.

@RupeeClock for me all work fine i dont have any problems on the GPFCE.
@traylorpark yeah thats looks very cool :) i use it now on my GPFCE too.

Hey thanks ya'll! I'd like to give a special thanks to Helvetica ... I don't know where the graphic design world would be without you.
I don't know who distributes this emulator right now, but if they want, they can use this background ;)

To RupeeClock's point, I also get the emulator to crash when I set the audio settings higher 44100hz. I noticed that the game suddenly accelerates like the clock speed has been turned up ... and then it freezes.

... and, I forgot how awesome Mario 2 was.

why need set audio freq higher then 44100Hz? an nes is a 8Bit 22050Hz is enought i thing.

Um ... I guess I'd try it because its an option in the emulator... :blink:

I don't know too much about NES sound emulation, but I'd assume 44100Hz would reproduce a fuller range of sounds from the system.

Can be possible to add usb to this emulator? it's the only missing thing I think, if someone do it will be awesome

Hi guys! I am brand new to CAANOO and I am already loving GPFCE. I only have one question. How can I disable rapid fire? There are some games that just do not work right with the auto rapid fire on.

Thank you,
gummiwulf

Having a problem: When I go to load the emulator, It takes me back to the main caanoo menu page. All my other emulators work fine? Any suggestions.

Back