Gpadvance Speed

Discussion in 'GP Advance' started by QualGuard, Jul 12, 2004.

1. QualGuard

QualGuard Still Fresh

why is the GPAdvance Speed so Slow, They should work on getting better speed. GP32 is GBAX 166 MHZ. and Why is the default speed 180 MHZ. Commerical Games Tested Namco Museun Works, and Pac-Man Collection Works, But Both Games are Slow, Now that we have some commercail games running, next we should work on a speed increse, sound can be worked on later.

Tags:
  2. diablo2

diablo2 Virtual Boy

the games i've played are fast

and what does that mean?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
  3. BaDToaD

BaDToaD "Very" Old Timer

Are you part of the project then?

:blink:

4. diablo2

diablo2 Virtual Boy

what?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
  5. mattmagoo

mattmagoo OFFICIAL

EDIT:I just had to get that off my chest

6. mth411

mth411 Member

It is the different supports that are not yet optomized is my guess. Play the original bust a move (not super bust a move), and you will have a hard time playing it on 66MHz with fs0 with fullscreen.

As the libraries mature, they will also get optomized, right now Im guessing a lot of code is "just working".

Also, at this rate, who can complain, with hourly updates.

7. RomHacker316

RomHacker316 Member

I think he means that the GP32s sold at GBAX can get 166Mhz(the modded ones anyway) so why is the emu clocked higher than that. At least thats what I think he means. I personally think they're doing a great job with the emu and would love for them to keep at it. I think what they're trying to do is get all the features in before they start going for speed. I hope Yoyo sees that they put in dynamic loading that way maybe he can add a feature like that into OSnes9x so we can play large ROMs in the new version with trans. enabled.

8. BaDToaD

BaDToaD "Very" Old Timer

Use a bit of common sense diablo2 the comment was aimed at the topic starter who mentions "we" should do this and "we" should do that as if he's part of the project hence the sarcasm.

9. moz

moz load *,8,1

tis slow because the emulator is in its infancy stages, if they made it fast you'd complain that it had low compatibility and then when sound was implemented youd complain that the sound slowed down the software.

Its great that it runs at all, you havent mentioned the great work that has been done such as enabling roms over 4MB to be dynamically accessed.

I would imagine they want to get THIER software to be compatible before optimizing it.

you want full speed GBA games- go buy a GBA

Keep up the good work GPadv team :D im looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labor in 12 months time

******sprayed water on my flames*************

10. Aaaaaaaa

Aaaaaaaa Guest

And what part have u played in the coding?

Have you even contributed?

No?

Dont make demands then!

:ph34r:

This is not a flame...

11. Dozer

Dozer Efram the retarded rabbit

It's taken years to get this far so be greatful. It's pretty obvious it's very new software and that it's being worked on a lot. Still don't count on it ever being full speed.

And well done people on not flaming too much :D.

12. khephren

khephren Member

There's a lot of cutting edge tech here that you don't seem to understand- Running CPU commands direct (rather than emulating), and spooling data to allow for bigger rom sizes than ram (will will have ramifications for future emulation projects i'm sure). I'm surprised it works at all. If you can code than join in then you can make demands.
    You should think carefully before coming on here and criticising peoples hard work.

13. boblibob

boblibob Member

ima use this to congratulate on the GPadv Team on the amazing work they have done in such a short time
    *cheers*
    your doing an amazing job , you seeem prett dam amazing in my eyes at the moment , just dont set up a religion , i'd be to tempted to join ;)

GPADV TEAM ARE AMAZING PEOPLE