Gp32linux And Opie :) [pda]

Enslaved posted on Aug 26 2004 at 06:30 AM said:
:) Are you guys going to make it easier for non-chatboard owners?

Yes, we have to code/port a virtual keyboard too so you can enter letters using the Pad.

Last edited by a moderator:
ingeras posted on Aug 26 2004 at 05:56 AM said:
Fire_Blade posted on Aug 25 2004 at 09:10 PM said:
i like gplinux but it's SLOW

it s is not slow
some applications may seems slow because those applications uses too much ram
but fear not, in the beginning linux was running with just a 486 and 8MB ram ...
i hope to show you in september the new flash player [ that is not slow, well some animations may be ]
and a new gui like the ones on pda and a fast webbrowser once i ve got some time and succeed cross compiling some shity libs [ like libwww from w3c ]
yeah i wanted to ask you about that, would you mind waiting to release those programs untill DLWD-zine #2 is out, that way we have a preview :D but if you don't want to i understand

dont want to wait for my new topic to be moderated
so i write it here again
----------------
yeah
that s the BIG News everybody was waiting for

toholl just told me he succeed mouting and writing on a usb memory stick
that s for the good news [ it means you can connect a 20GB Hdd usb drive too]

the bad news : you need external 5V power

you can check our cvs

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/gp32...ev=1.3&view=log

-----------------------
i will test in a few days
my usb memory stick
AND ..... my usb wifi stick ! [ that s harder]

WOWOWOWOW
will try it directly, i did know that building a power adapter will be of use someday :)

hmmm, whats about a compiled version?

will this also allow me to connect my USB DVD Drive ;)
if yes... can i just plug my Gp32 usb cable in the back of the drive and then it will be available? (the DVD-Drive has an external power supply).. wasnt there an mp3 play for Gp32linux released? much music on a DVD :-D
when there is smc write support it could be very useful ..

will this also allow me to connect my USB DVD Drive
if yes... can i just plug my Gp32 usb cable in the back of the drive and then it will be available? (the DVD-Drive has an external power supply).. wasnt there an mp3 play for Gp32linux released? much music on a DVD :-D
when there is smc write support it could be very useful ..
well i think that you can do it
usb storage devices are using the same driver, usb memory stick, usb smc card reader/wrtier,
hdd, dvd, ....
there is a mp3 player
but right now there is a nasty problem with the sound driver, some dma problems, ...
so the sound has some glitches :(
we really need some help ....

now that i think, my smc card writer [ usb2, 15 € ] is detected on my pc as a usb storage device
so you could connect your smc card writer on your gp32 !!!! and thaht way you can write to your
smc !!!!!
--------------------------

So like, I can buy one of those USB keyrings, I can use it?
yes, but wait a little because you need external 5V power supply
and right now you have to build your own, but we will see if you can make some pics/tutorial
or ask toholl or nigel brown [ uk ] to make some, or anybody else

i have an exam tomorrow [ hard and borring, and it seems i will be anihilated as usual :( ]
so wait until tomorrow night, for more tests/news (and complaints about my shity life ;) )

This is a major step for gp32linux and for the GP in general... With USB support, we can also expect networking, burning CDs from your GP (!), almost unlimited storage...

Maybe some major apps developers should start to port their apps to gp32linux (imagine gpmadmp3 scanning your USB pen drive, and buiding a giant playlist !)

stay tuned! :)

argh so many possebilities ;) cant wait to try all my usb hardware on the cube..
hehe with this we will also have a mouse for the gp ;) and we cann connect a gp32 with a gp32 and use one as gamepad o_O ok thats pretty useless ;) but still cool...
but first i have to get a chatboard... textbased linux without is pretty useless.
im not a developer but how else can i/we help you (beside donate money)

Sonic-NKT posted on Sep 1 2004 at 02:00 PM said:
argh so many possebilities ;) cant wait to try all my usb hardware on the cube..
hehe with this we will also have a mouse for the gp ;) and we cann connect a gp32 with a gp32 and use one as gamepad o_O ok thats pretty useless ;) but still cool...
but first i have to get a chatboard... textbased linux without is pretty useless.
im not a developer but how else can i/we help you (beside donate money)

well now that we have usb support
we should have usb mouse and keyboard support too
http://www.fentek-ind.com/usb.htm#kbmhh
check google

note: have yet to test myself usb support tomorrow night
and make some pics / compiled kernel

-----------------------------------------------------------
in 10 min you can download from
http://www.gp32news.com/gp32linux/flash3/
new flash player compiled by cyberic

[no tech support for it yet ]
so you have to put the right files in the right place and try
good luck

( dont have time right now : thesis + have to reorganize all my files :(
and there are lot of files .... )

With USB support we can connect ps2->USB connectors and play around with dualshock2 controls on our gp32 ;p

how do you use the flash player? What is the actual player, where do i put the files to? And how can I star this? It´s the first time i try to use linux, and have no idea, what the extension of LINUX executables is. Please help me.

ingeras posted on Sep 6 2004 at 08:34 PM said:
Fire_Blade posted on Sep 6 2004 at 05:41 PM said:
do you still think we can have that interview this weekend
yes, no problem
saturday night or sunday
cool, everybody, the next issue of DLWD-zine a full GPlinux review and an interview with toholl, ingeras and cyberic. it's comming out at the end of september. (just pimpin' my magazine :p )

finty101 posted on Sep 7 2004 at 10:08 PM said:
OMG, just ran this. This rocks!

/me gets money to donate.

/me wonders do you guys accept donations?

i dont know what the other 2 think
here is my opinion

what we really need right now is more developpers, testers, documentation /tutorial writers, ....
People who want to give us some help

Now about donations, if you really want,
what you can do is
- send me some usb device that is working on linux, and that you want to work on gp32, so i can test [ but ask me before ], and don't forget i am already trying to make my usb devices work and i have to work on applications too !!!

- send me an ipaq or zaurus, can help me to compile more easily some things i have a hard time compiling

but keep in mind, we don't have much time to work on the project, we are doing it during our free time .... and there is no warranty that we will get what you want working on gp

so if you really want things to go faster, just advertize for us, and hope some other developpers will join us

Back