GP32 Gp32 Revival Coding Compo

I will be coming out of GP32 retirement and finish off a game I started many many many years ago which was going to be part of a 'travel games' pack. My entry will be the classic card game of Snap which quickly looking over my old source code seems to be mostly finished, just need to tart the game up a bit (as usual) and add some menus and stuff.

The graphics are bit crap so if anyone would like to help out, mainly with the hand sprite please let me know. Here is a screen shot:

snap-gp32.png

Actually I'm looking forward to this competition.

And Guyfawkes good to see you are out of GP32 retirement for one more go.

I still like to read emuboards as you keep a good update of all handheld releases :)

I hope that when people submit their entries they will appear on the website (or a notification of how many received so far) just so that I know if I still have time to finish something :)

the_Diabologic: That Wonderswan Color is piquing my interest... *shrugs* better not make any promises I'm full of vaporware notions, hopefully not always.

Hooka said:
the_Diabologic: That Wonderswan Color is piquing my interest... *shrugs* better not make any promises I'm full of vaporware notions, hopefully not always.
rawwr, i can post pics if you want :p

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, guys, i will say it the way it is
this is no regular compo, the gp32 scene is about as dead
true, it brought some life back into #gp32dev, but well, there hasn't been one entry yet ~_~
people have asked how to enter this compo, and bloody hell there's only one way: submit some freaking coding love! (or some crazy coding love)

if you still want to compete, then don't try to compete against each other, compete against your own SHADOW, give it your BEST

show the world what this device is capable of and make this the best funeral a korean handheld device has ever had!

RAWWWWR

If I make an entry and submit it, will I also be allowed to make it public to the world or should I wait till the rest 20? I would like to be able so that I have a motivation someone else would look at my work..

Ive forgot all about this compo, so is it still on? And did you ever get some entry or still none so far?

I am currently working on some GP2X project, but wouldnt mind to dip a bit into GP32 for the old days sake ;-).

I was fiddling around some old GP32 code so I was thinking to make a little demo for start. And maybe a game later..

p.s. But enough talk, I should be coding now!

Optimus said:
I was fiddling around some old GP32 code so I was thinking to make a little demo for start. And maybe a game later..

p.s. But enough talk, I should be coding now!
indeed.

the compo is still on, the entry counter hasn't moved (it's at 1, ONE sole submission :D)
at this rate, it will close at the end of 2010, but for all i care, keep coding!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh,. long time since my GP32 broke. I watched some old youtube videos of GP32 running stuff and I felt nostalgic. Then I downloaded the latest geepee32 emulator but it runs few things and without music and it's abandoned. Then I remember this compo. I would happily code for GP32 now, maybe I will get a new one from ebay oneday.

at finally what happend with this compo ? where are the results ?

Back