Gp32 Manager Doesnt Find Gp32

evaunit01

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I just really need help, I HAVE looked, but I am so desperate to play this beauty!!

Ive had trouble from the start (the few hours ago i recieved it!), when i installed the cd and clicked Install GP32 Manager i kep getting errors, so I had to explore the cd and find Setup, so now GP32 manager is installed, I have an SMC in my Gp, its all plugged in, turned on and in pc link mode, yet GP32 Manager keeps telling me "Please connect GP32 to USB port and then, make GP32 enter into Pc-Link mode" WHAT THE HELL?

I know you guys hate repeated question, But I just wanna plaaay!!!

Thanks in advance,

James

Been awhile since I used the GP32Manager, but there are the steps.

1. Have computer on.
2. Have GP32 off.
3. Hook both up with the USB cable.
4. Turn on Gp32, and enter into PC-link mode
5. Boot up the GP32Manager

It should now see it.

Obviously this assumes that you have downloaded and installed the the USB driver for your operating system.

Cheers! :p

Ugh I am so foolish! I didn't get the USB drivers, well I went to GP32eu.com just then and got it, un zipped it and there are 2 files, GP32Usb.sys and GP32USB.inf, just wodnerign what I should do with them. I'm REALLY sorry I'm being such a retard, but I wanna play so badly!!

Thanks again,

James

If you are using Windows XP, it will find the new device and try to install it. You select to install the driver manually and point towards your new driver file. Just to make sure: have you sticked the cable right into the GPs USB socket? I found out that the new plug got two different pressure points and you need to stick it in right.
I recommend you to get a cardreader anyway. I installed everything, GPManager finds my GP32, but I can still not exchange data because of a "timeout" error.

Thanks heaps guys, I got it working. Doing it through the GP32 isn't *that* slow, its bearable for now anyway.

Now I'm just haviing trouble with doom, not quite sure where to put the wads.

Other than that... I LOVE MY GP32. I look forward to helping any way I can in the community!

Yeah I'm really sorry about that, I found out just after I posted it. Now, I'm trying to find where to put the quake pak, but I think I can get that myself (I hope!).

But thanks heaps guys!

evaunit01 posted on May 17 2005 at 12:37 PM said:
Yeah I'm really sorry about that, I found out just after I posted it. Now, I'm trying to find where to put the quake pak, but I think I can get that myself (I hope!).

But thanks heaps guys!

Yeah, doom and quake!!!

But put Drmd on there..and let the good times roll etc

Last edited by a moderator:
evaunit01 posted on May 17 2005 at 03:44 AM said:
Thanks heaps guys, I got it working. Doing it through the GP32 isn't *that* slow, its bearable for now anyway.

If you use your gp32 with the usb cable, remember that it will DRAIN your batteries in a major way. IMO gpdrive is much faster, yet seems to drain batteries faster. This is all just pure guesstimation on my part, I have no proof, but eithe way will drain your batteries. Nothing like swaping 32mb back and forth then wondering why your batteries are only lasting two hours!

Cheers! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
haha yeah I thought that's why my batteries were dying so fast. I just got quake working and might I say goddamn, It's WAY better than I was expecting, It's very playable, even if it is a tad choppy. Oh, and DRMD is a dream, playing Sonic 3 at lunch today was so sweet, as was SmashGP. Oh man it's all so good!!

Sorry to be a pain, but I didn't want to start a new topic over something so minor, but I was just wondering if there is any way to get around the 8.3 naming system, it's not too much of a bother for games, but frankly I don't wanna go through and rename all my mp3's to something I will not recognise later!
(I know that a card reader gets around this, but I'm leaving tommorrow and want some mp3's for the trip)

Is there something I'm not doing right with PcLink? Because no matter what I try it won't recognise my GP32, every time I start it up it says to 'please insert Gp32 into usb and set it to pclink mode' even when it is, I click OK and it gives me an unknown error. I know I'm being irritating but I really have been looking for a solution on my own! (honest!!)

Back