Gp Not Detected With Gp32 Manager...

LazerTron

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I formatted the SMC with Windows XP (FAT-format) where I can put stuff on it with my card reader but the SMC is not recognised in the GP32. Also the GP32 can't be detected with the GP32 Manager. I'm really lost.

I first start the GP32 and go to the link menu then I start GP32 Manager on the PC but it gives various errors. The XP USB driver for the GP32 is installed correctly.

I also read to format the SMC under the MS-DOS prompt in XP but I can't find a suitable FDISK.exe.

Please help....... ;) :blink:

ratx posted on Jul 14 2005 at 12:25 PM said:
This thread will help explain how to make a file system for the GP SMC under XP

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=19139

Or you could try as a last resort

http://l33t.spod.org/ratx/gp32/smcrecover/

cheers

@ratx

many thanks for your fast reply - using mkdosfs didn't even bring a success message - BUT it formatted the SMC and then i put some files on the smc but no success.

when trying your util i just get drive letters D-G to format but the drive is N (the cardreader uses L-P) :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
You realise you have to make the GPMM etc folders after formatting the filesystem right? mkdosfs should work... however if you really want to use smcrecover edit the go.bat or whatever its called ( right click select edit ) and change one of the letters to N - should be straightforward

ratx posted on Jul 14 2005 at 12:46 PM said:
You realise you have to make the GPMM etc folders after formatting the filesystem right? mkdosfs should work... however if you really want to use smcrecover edit the go.bat or whatever its called ( right click select edit ) and change one of the letters to N - should be straightforward
yes, i have the folder GPMM as root folder with subfolders like A800, C64,... and the emulators (for example) directly placed in GPMM. hmmmm, I always get the error message that nothing is on the SMC.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ratx

working :D

mkdosfs did the trick - suddenly the SMC's content got accepted by the GP32.

many thanks for your quick & professional help :)

If you have access to Windows 2000, you can format with this OS. I did the same on XP but luckily I had 2000 on another partition. I believe 98 works also so you may want to get hold of a 98 boot disk.

:)

Edit: Ignore above :D.

@ LazerTron

If you still actually want to use GPManager it only works if you connect everything up AFTER you let GPManager complain about not being connected

Back