Problems With Gp32 Manager

deadlychicken22

Man is a reasoning rather than a reasonable animal
Website
Visit site
I was putting some new games on my SMC and decided to try Rise of the Triads. I borrowed my brothers actual copy of the game to get the necessary game files and then I copyed them all onto my GP32 the way it said to in the readme. (I copied files usind gpDrive). I ran the program and when I went to new game it just gave me a blank white screen. I waited for awhile and when it seemed like nothing was going to happen I turned it off. I turned it back and found out that my SMC had been completely erased. Well, that sucked (especially considering how far I had gotten in Zelda: Links awakening and Earthbound ). So I went to the GP32 site and downloaded an authentication wizard and GP32 manager. I used the authentication wizard and then I started up the manager. When it told me to connect my GP32 to my computer I did and then I pressed ok. Then an error message popped up that said 'an error occurred in GP32 during process'. I have tried it numerous times since making small adjustments such as connecting the GP32 to the computer before starting GP32 manager but it aways says either 'an error occurred in GP32 during process' or 'gp32 timed out'. I look at the screen of my Gp32 but it doesn't say anything except 'Now waiting...' . Could someone please help me? Is there a possible alternative to GP32 manager? (I already tried PC-link, but windows XP says that it isn't a valid win32 program or whatever.) If it helps I have the old original GP32. It is white and doesn't have any sort of lightup screen. I have the original firmware.
Please Help me

I feel like reading through unformatted text in !reader....

Try formating your smc, seems like you turned the gp32 off while something (Rise oTT) was writing to the smc. That messed it up.

Use that little program by ratx: SMC Recover

But it won`t give you back your files, just a blank smc.

Yeah, I guessed thats what it was that caused it but I wasn't sure. Luckily for me, I save a folder on my computer with all of my Gp32 stuff (but not the saves). Will this work with a Gp32 or do you need a card reader/writer? (I don't have one :unsure: )

Well, I finally fixed it. I'm still not sure exactly what I did to fix it, I just messed around with the drivers for awhile (Although I think I switched it back to what it was in the beginning) and started GP32 manager up and it suddenly worked :D . Now I will be spending the next hour or so getting all those great games on my SMC.
Thanks for your help
Ben

deadlychicken22 posted on Feb 22 2005 at 01:16 AM said:
Well, I finally fixed it. I'm still not sure exactly what I did to fix it, I just messed around with the drivers for awhile (Although I think I switched it back to what it was in the beginning) and started GP32 manager up and it suddenly worked :D . Now I will be spending the next hour or so getting all those great games on my SMC.
Thanks for your help
Ben

And remember to back-up your save game files. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Back