Gp32/gp2x

onodo21

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
good evening and hello to all.

this is my first post here and hoprefully not my last!!!

ok so heres my problem...
i wanted a xbox 360......to expensive the wife says!
lets go for a Wii....... no pre orders left?
so teh wife buys my son a DS Lite for xmas......... not a problem but its not mine!

so i have decided to come back round to the idea of getting one of these funky machines, i was going to get one brginning of summer.

i have looked at the forums and read every ones comments on which is best and to no avail no clear winner, i know its all down to personnel preference so i have decided to go for the gp32 hopeful a blu model but trying to find one is a monster task yep i been on ebay and watching on...
so where else is there that i can find one are there still sellers that sell them as new or is it going to be a caes of 2nd hand?

damn i cant wait to play all my old console games on the move WOW.. bring it on..
i love EMU`s. lol my xbox is jam packed full of them all.....

sorry i gone on way to much here........just EXCITED..
CHEERS
TOM

Hi,

You will probably have an easier time acquiring a GP2X, and it will probably be cheaper in the end for a slightly better machine :D

It is very rare to find a new gp32 these days, and on top of that they use SMC media which is not easy to find. GP2X uses the readily available and fairly cheap SD media. Most things for gp32 (except commercial games) have been ported to GP2X now, so unless you get a really good deal on a 2nd hand gp32 on ebay or something you're probably best off getting a 2X instead.

Good luck :)

If you get a GP32 you'll most likely keep reading all about the GP2X especially as the GP32 community has all but gone silent on here (except I guess Mame development). I haven't yet bought a GP2X as I'm still having fun playing around with the GP32 but it's becoming harder to resist temptation especially as I read about the GP2X on these forums almost every day.

I guess it depends on what you want to run and how stable the emulators etc are that you would want to run on a GP32. From what I've been reading over the last month or so the GP2X emulators are far superior to the GP32s and there is a lot of development still going on whereas GP32 development isn't all that active anymore.

onodo21 posted on Dec 2 2006 at 07:06 PM said:
good evening and hello to all.

this is my first post here and hoprefully not my last!!!

ok so heres my problem...
i wanted a xbox 360......to expensive the wife says!
lets go for a Wii....... no pre orders left?
so teh wife buys my son a DS Lite for xmas......... not a problem but its not mine!

so i have decided to come back round to the idea of getting one of these funky machines, i was going to get one brginning of summer.

i have looked at the forums and read every ones comments on which is best and to no avail no clear winner, i know its all down to personnel preference so i have decided to go for the gp32 hopeful a blu model but trying to find one is a monster task yep i been on ebay and watching on...
so where else is there that i can find one are there still sellers that sell them as new or is it going to be a caes of 2nd hand?

damn i cant wait to play all my old console games on the move WOW.. bring it on..
i love EMU`s. lol my xbox is jam packed full of them all.....

sorry i gone on way to much here........just EXCITED..
CHEERS
TOM
Hey, if getting a gp2x (which i would reccomend) i would go to allack

Last edited by a moderator:
It says on the allack site:

There's a new version of the GP2X in town. The latest version includes a 275MHz upgrade to the dual processor. The upgrade will deliver a smoother performance when running the 500+ applications and emulators currently available for download over the internet. The enhanced performance also compliments the 64MB of RAM and 64MB of on-board NAND flash memory.

They 275MHz version is pre-order and will be available in January.

I wonder if it'll be a MK3 or 275MHz overclocking testing like www.gp2x.co.uk do?

Also, recently I've seen second hand GP2X's sell on eBay for less than £100 (last two were under £70) so if anyone is looking to get one cheap, eBay is the place to go.

GP2X 275Mhz Power Pack

Includes latest upgraded feature:

* Dual 275MHz Processor
* 64MB of RAM and 64MB of on-board NAND flash memory
* Improved Joystick & Screen
* Latest Firmware

onodo21 posted on Dec 3 2006 at 11:38 AM said:
thanks for ur replies.
i have now seen the GPX....

how good are these and whats the scenen like with these
XGP (and XGPmini and GPKiDS) are not released, and nobody knows when or if it will ever be released.

I would recommend you go with the GP2X. It has already surpassed the GP32 in pretty much every area of emulation, and it only gets better as time goes on. :)

shinneri posted on Dec 3 2006 at 06:27 PM said:
onodo21 posted on Dec 3 2006 at 11:38 AM said:
thanks for ur replies.
i have now seen the GPX....

how good are these and whats the scenen like with these
XGP (and XGPmini and GPKiDS) are not released, and nobody knows when or if it will ever be released.

I would recommend you go with the GP2X. It has already surpassed the GP32 in pretty much every area of emulation, and it only gets better as time goes on. :)

i had a good look round now and believe im going to take on the gp2x.

thanks for ur replies..

Back