Gp2xhandy V0.01c (atari Lynx Emu For Gp2x)

tuskenraider2k

Certified Guru
I have made a small update for GP2XHandy.. now you can adjust the cpu clockspeed upto 266Mhz.

- and I modified the gui. The 'menu selection' is now better visible.
- I modified the path structure slightly. For some reasons, previously the executable and the boot-rom file and so on had to be in different directories. Now they are in the same directory. I have created a small batch file, if you like to execute GP2XHandy from somewhere else on the sd card ( read the readme :) )

http://www.pelle7.de/progr/gp2x/handy/inde...andy/index.html

Great! I deleted my other topic after seeing this one ... I found this:

.. so yeah, I found this strange menu in the latest build of GP2Xhandy ... when in the config menu (after hitting start), if you press the left shoulder button, you go into what appears to me like a debug menu of sorts ...

It has the selections:

Continue
Quit Porb
------------------------
progs
config
Information

I got frightened going into 'progs' and 'config' and got a bit freaked out selecting 'Quit Porb', as it shows various swirling thingies on screen ... giving me severe flashbacks

Any ideas what this menu is for?

Also, tuskenraider2k ... WTF is this picture?:

pic01.gif

It's been bugging me since the GP32 Handy :lol:

Thanks for all your hard work :)

tuskenraider2k posted on Mar 4 2006 at 04:36 AM said:
I have made a small update for GP2XHandy.. now you can adjust the cpu clockspeed upto 266Mhz.

- and I modified the gui. The 'menu selection' is now better visible.
- I modified the path structure slightly. For some reasons, previously the executable and the boot-rom file and so on had to be in different directories. Now they are in the same directory. I have created a small batch file, if you like to execute GP2XHandy from somewhere else on the sd card ( read the readme :) )

http://www.pelle7.de/progr/gp2x/handy/inde...andy/index.html

Cool emu I have a question though, I never get the background pic to show up. I Put it in the path suggested but it doesn't show. The emu runs fine though. What format is that picture?

Also I get diagonal noise lines on the screen on the higher CPU speeds. It is ok at the default 200 MHz.

There is also a graphics bug in slimeworld on the #2 game that you can select at the beginning. The background is a solid green but there should be a texture there. It shows up sometimes when your character is in a certain position.

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Mar 4 2006 at 04:48 AM said:
Also, tuskenraider2k ... WTF is this picture?:

pic01.gif

It's been bugging me since the GP32 Handy :lol:

Thanks for all your hard work :)

I thought there was a thread on this ages ago - I'm pretty sure it's a bloke drinking a yard of ale (a bizarre British tradition where you get covered in beer, but everybody thinks your fantastic if you can do it)...

hmm.i have a problem:i try to run xenophobe (either zip or unzipped)but it took me back on the main menu.do i need sdl libraries?i have the latest firmware

well that was the previous version.now this one runs fine but it doessn't recognize the roms,no matter where i put them.any help

Gruntfuggly posted on Mar 4 2006 at 09:08 AM said:
I thought there was a thread on this ages ago - I'm pretty sure it's a bloke drinking a yard of ale (a bizarre British tradition where you get covered in beer, but everybody thinks your fantastic if you can do it)...

:lol: ... found it ... I started the poll:

Mystery Picture Poll

... it was never resolved :huh:

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I've been using this recently and it seems that I can no longer create new "save slots". It works fine when saving to old save slots, but if I select new it gives and error and then usually starts acting funky.

Is there a way to fix this?

Back