Gp2x Handy V0.1d

tuskenraider2k

Certified Guru
I have updated the lynx emulator. It's a bit slower but two bugs are solved (screwed sometimes ingame gfx & loading screens) & added cpu speeds 250mhz and 256mhz

Further more I have uploaded the sources. This is my first release. It is surely not that easy to compile [cut] :rolleyes:

http://www.pelle7.de/progr/gp2x/handy/inde...andy/index.html

greetings,

tuskenraider

P.S. sorry that it took so long since the last update :eek:[/cut]

This version just hangs on the loading screen for me.. I did a completely new install and just copied my roms and boot image over. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Edit: I just copied over the gpe from the previous version and it's working fine so I'm sure it's not something I buggered up.

oO god hates you? I dunno... try reformatting your SD card...

EDIT: Oh, you already solved the problem... never mind.

Cool thanks for the update. Good to see it.

Maybe you could use the MMU hack in future versions to speed it up? May be fullspeed then, it is close now.

dosteridge posted on Oct 2 2006 at 10:17 PM said:
This is great news, this is my favorite emulator on the 2x, keep up the good work :D

wow! really? i must admit, the lynx completely bypassed me as a nipper.

think i might have seen one running....once.

what're your fave games? or can you post a link to "my bestest lynx games!!11!!" or summat?

i had a quick search but nothing came up....

Last edited by a moderator:
tuskenraider2k posted on Oct 2 2006 at 08:36 PM said:
Further more I have uploaded the sources. This is my first release. It is surely not that easy to compile :rolleyes:
Thanks for that. You weren't joking.. a very interesting build setup, although I've seen many harder ;)

I'm looking forward to actually playing it at lunchtime.

Excellent news! I've actually reverted back to my real lynx at the moment because the emulator crashes sometimes in Rampart*. Do you want to know what error is displayed? Are you planning to do more releases?

*Might also have something to do with my gp2x being currently bricked.

what're your fave games?

there are quite a few, I had a lynx back in the day and a spectrum, so I think that they are natually my favorites as the bring back the memoies :) (im getting on a bit now ;) )

My top games would have to be: (in no particular order)

Viking Child
Blue Lightening
Electrocop
Chips Challenge
Awesome Golf
Gates of Zedecon
Zalor Mercenary
Califonia Games
Gauntlet 3
Toki
Chequered flag
Rampart
APB...................................

The list goes on, buts thats all I can think of off the top of my head, oh the memories :D

Gruntfuggly Posted Today, 04:23 PM

Yes some great games there I forgot to mention.

Just out of interest, does anybody else have Zalor Mercenary crash about half way through the third level or do I just have a bad rom?

Edit: can somebody tell me how to use this quote thing properly!

jmetal88 posted on Oct 3 2006 at 10:51 PM said:
I love the Lynx. That's why I use a real one.

same here, it is wonderful and I got many of the really good games, however, battery life is a problem...

same here, it is wonderful and I got many of the really good games, however, battery life is a problem...

Ive still got mine aswell, and a fair few games B) The battery life is laughable, my parents used to have to remortgage their house to keep me in batteries, until they discovered the ac adaptor ;)

And to think people moan about the battery life on the 2x :D

I've had my Lynx out recently as well. My favorites are,
Stun Runner
Blue Lightning
Gates of Zendecon
Rygar (yeah I know, some people hate this version)
Shadow of the Beast
Toki
Zalor Mercenary

My favourites are California Games (BMX run is incredible), Klax (perfect conversion), Chip's Challenge, Paperboy, Toki, Lemmings, S.T.U.N. Runner and Awesome Golf

This just hangs on the loading screen for me too, unfortunately... (and yes, I do have a lynxboot.img in the right folder, and have tried it upper- and lower-case.) :(

chaos engineer posted on Oct 4 2006 at 04:12 AM said:
My favourites are California Games (BMX run is incredible), Klax (perfect conversion), Chip's Challenge, Paperboy, Toki, Lemmings, S.T.U.N. Runner and Awesome Golf

Ooops! I forgot about klax! I have the box sitting on top of my computer desk and didn't even think of it. It is very arcade perfect! Love it.

taras posted on Oct 4 2006 at 06:00 AM said:
This just hangs on the loading screen for me too, unfortunately... (and yes, I do have a lynxboot.img in the right folder, and have tried it upper- and lower-case.) :(

I am also experiencing this issue. I formatted my 512MB card and put just the Lynx emulator on it with images and the lynxboot.img. Still hangs. Using GMenu2X or the standard menu - still hangs. Not overclocking at all or playing with the RAM.

Back