Gp2x Handy V0.1e, Atari Lynx

Great news!

Just tried it and it gets past the loading screen now! The new fonts look much better.

Have you any idea what is causing the crash I get in Rampart at times where the screen goes blue in the top half with the words '6502 opcode error' or something similar?

Also, I still get corrupted screens in between rounds in Rampart...

Great to see you're still working on it though - this is my #1 app on my GP2X...

Great news!

Just tried it and it gets past the loading screen now! The new fonts look much better.

Have you any idea what is causing the crash I get in Rampart at times where the screen goes blue in the top half with the words '6502 opcode error' or something similar?

Also, I still get corrupted screens in between rounds in Rampart...

Great to see you're still working on it though - this is my #1 app on my GP2X...

Try 2 versions ago. Rampart seems to work fine in that version. The in-between screens are still corrupt but the game doesn't crash, at least for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the new menu and other fixes! This is the best I've seen the menu look and work yet on this emulator! I'm so glad I can easily read the font now on my screen!

Try 2 versions ago. Rampart seems to work fine in that version. The in-between screens are still corrupt but the game doesn't crash, at least for me.

It used to crash for me with that version. I haven't played it long enough to see if it crashes with the latest version, but judging by the nature of the latest changes, I don't think tuskenraider2k has made any changes to the emulation.

I never got the previous version to work at all...

It usually takes a fair few levels before it crashes. Next time it happens I'll take a picture...

Can anybody name some must-play games for this?

California Games (BMX Run), Chips Challenge, S.T.U.N. Runner, Klax, Paperboy, Shadow of the Beast (same graphics as Amiga version but differents maps), Toki,... There are many high qualitiy games, enjoy

I think some of the Lynx conversions actually play better than the MAME originals because they are designed to work with handheld controls rather than an arcade joystick (or steering wheel) and buttons...

Joust is very close the the arcade version. As far as I can tell, the only difference (apart from the display resolution) is the sound when you reappear on a base is missing. Probably not a bad thing cos the sound from the arcade machine is awsome - when it's load it goes right through you!

Can anybody name some must-play games for this?

Some of my personal favorires:

Viking Child,Blue Lightening, Electrocop, Chips Challenge, Awesome Golf, Gates of Zedecon, Zalor Mercenary, Califonia Games, Gauntlet 3, Toki, Chequered flag, Rampart, APB, Joust, Klax, Ninja Gaiden, Rygar, Shadow of the Beast, Todds Adventures in Slime World, Warbirds, Dracular

There are others too...... :)

Edit: @Tuskenraider - Just loaded this on to my sd card and really like it, really nice how you have linked the savestates etc... Have you got a Paypal Account for donations?

I like it stretched too. Yes you read it right :p

(That is because it is scaled by a perfect 2:1 so there is really is no distortion. I would not like it if it was 2.5:1)

But it would be nice to have a 1:1 mode just for kicks.

Nice emulator! This is the first time I've had a look at this on the GP2X - fantastic! I own an Atari Lynx for real, but it's actually better playing it on the GP2X - no cartridge swaps, no massive battery drain and it's a better screen! And the bugger is full speed to boot! Awesome stuff.

I like it stretched too. Yes you read it right :p
!!

This release is brilliant news! Your tweaks to the menu system have made this so much easier since to use since older versions. I'm just idly wondering, as it's full speed now and the scaling is x2, is it worth investigating interpolation techniques, or is this likely to be too much of a strain?

Thanks very much!
:)

Back