Gp2x Won't Load To Menu

cowsgoquack101

Still Fresh
I tried to update the firmware to 2.0 (something along those lines), and it worked, but then it wouldn't restart and I turned it off, waited a few seconds, then turned it back on. Now it doesn't load to menu and it didn't upgrade to 2.0. Now I'm stuck with a gp2x that doesn't boot past the second load screen.

Is there anyway to get it back to normal, or will I have to kick myself in the balls for doing something so stupid?

Haydo said:
I tried to update the firmware to 2.0 (something along those lines), and it worked, but then it wouldn't restart and I turned it off, waited a few seconds, then turned it back on. Now it doesn't load to menu and it didn't upgrade to 2.0. Now I'm stuck with a gp2x that doesn't boot past the second load screen.

Is there anyway to get it back to normal, or will I have to kick myself in the balls for doing something so stupid?
Does it show up as a USB mass storage device if you plug the USB cable in ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, what firmware did you start from? What screen does it reach now? What guide/steps did you follow? What model of GP2X do you have?

Actually, I got it working again, then I tried to update to the 3.00 firmware. But my dog unplugged the power cord (accidentally of course) and it now only loads up to the 3.00 firmware starting up logo.

I upgraded from 1.01 to 3.00 and it failed, it's a GP2X F-100 first edition. I bought it used and it didn't include anything except the power adapter and the box.

So, is there anyway to magically reboot anything?

Try once again upgrading to 2.0.0, then if that works fine, patch it to 2.1.whatever. That's as good as it gets with the GP2X firmware :)

PS: that dog of yours must be one evil son of a bitch. ;)

Ok, my problem right now:

It's apparently at the v 3.0 firmware. It says this then shows me a starting up screen and won't load to the menu. The guide I used before seems to only be for something less than 3.0.

So, is there anything I can do that doesn't require me to buy a break out board and try to get the files correct again? Or is there anyone who can help me or do it for me? Something?

Sorry if I ask noobish questions. I'm new to all of this.

Re-apply the 2.0 update (then the 2.1) - it should work ok if it still says the startup up screen.

And don't try and upgrade to 3.0 again!

OK, I think it's working now, it's currently "patching" so hopefully it doesn't brick. *fingers crossed*.

Thanks for everyone who's helped!

And no my dog isn't evil just clumsy.

Back