Freezes On Green Loading Screen – Menu Won't Load

ketchupgun

Website
www.theimponderables.com
Ok, this is weird:

The system has been running flawlessly.

I copied (through the system's Explorer) some of my save states for WonderBoy 6 (DrMDx5b2) to the MD folder in 5b6 (hoping to be able to use those save states in the new version).

Copied fine, then I load up 5b6, go to select rom, Megadrive – the system freezes.
Turn off, turn on ... and the system hansg on the green loading screen for FWv2.0.
hmmm. I unplug the power, try it with fresh batteries...same thing (no garbled lines or any sort of "power probelm indicator"

So now I try it without the SD card...same freezing on green screen for more than 40 seconds now (as suggested in the guyfawes User Guide on the archive)

Tried it with the SD write protected, same freeze.

Tried it and held down Start Select (???) – same freezing.

so, my question is...what the hell happened and how do I fix it? ;)

any help guys?

Have you tried it with no sd in somtimes my unit will only let me boot with no sd in other than that I couldnt suggest anthing other than having a search in some of the unbricking threads.

Lettuce Dude posted on Aug 12 2006 at 03:18 PM said:
Have you tried it with no sd in somtimes my unit will only let me boot with no sd in other than that I couldnt suggest anthing other than having a search in some of the unbricking threads.

yeah, that was one of the first things I did.

anyone else had this happen....Is there, something "evil" about using the system's explorer to copy files?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't matter, and this kind of thing certainly shouldn't happen. Avoid the GP2X explorer when copying files, mainly because it's very inefficient.

Looks like your firmware is bricked. Time for a reflash.

craigix posted on Aug 12 2006 at 05:27 PM said:
Just reflash 2.0

sheesh! and ARGH!
ok..total technophobe on this topic...but can someone point me to the most fool proof way of doing that?
(I've read the guyfawes user guide...found the FW2.0 on the archive..just wanted to make sure I got the mosted trusted sources on this : a guide, the proper zip file link.... REALLY not loooking fwd to this!)

help!
I'm sacred!
;(

marco0551 posted on Aug 14 2006 at 02:31 PM said:
You can try to just put Firmware 2.0 back.
http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,42,1472
When on the first GP2x screen hold start and select. :D
btw. Put new batteries in your gp2x

that's great worked like a charm and MUCH simpler than I anticipated
I was quite nervous about this.

thx sooo0o0o0o0o much!

there's also this cool guide by DJwillis..though the files need to be updated for 2.0 (which is apperntly coming)

Back