Gp2x F-200 Brand New Crash

fosszombie

Still Fresh
I just got my GP2X F-200 this morning and put in fresh new batteries and turned it on.
I went to the default games and selected the ghost one and it let me select one block then it kicked me back to the menu.

I went to load another game and then it crashed and turned off. If I turn it back on it will not boot, stuck at a boot screen with graphical problems and strange buzzing noises.

I have to take the batteries out, and then put them back in to get it to boot again, but then it crashes some point later.

I have not used a SD card yet since I don't have it yet. The only thing I ever plugged into this thing were the batteries. I have tried 2 sets of batteries from separate new packages.

Anyone know how to fix this or did I get a dead unit? Is this a common problem? Should I RMA and get a replacement or ask for a refund?

Indeed this does remind me of the days when gp2x first editions first time users were using the batteries that came with the device / or were using batteries with too limited juice. You just don't expect this sort of behavior from a new machine when you use 'fresh' batteries. I hoped they would have fixed this sort of thing with the F200 but it just seems same ol' same ol'....

Back