Load Gmenu2x After The Original Menu?

dgame

Hi, Is there a way to auto load gmenu2x AFTER the original menu loads? I have a USB host cable so I can access the files off of my portable hard drive, and the only way I seem to be able to have it mount properly is by exiting gmenu2x into the original menu. Soon after I am in the original menu the hard drive/flash disk/etc come to life and work. So because of this I have disabled the autorun feature so it loads into the stock menu, then I have to manually load gmenu2x. Any suggestions, or maybe a script or setting that can mount them from within gmenu2x? I have a mk2 with firmware 2.0.

Thanks,

-gp2xs

their menu probably tries to mount when you access the ext thing perhaps.

anyway, i can not tell what they do, but one thing i can do, is help you create a script to mount/unmount your external drive.

if you could come to irc on #gp2x it would be easiest, cause you need to run a command on your gp2x so i can see the mountpoint

Thanks for the replies,

Redeeman I haven't been on irc since like 1996, lol! But if you could please post a generic example it could lead me in the right direction. I have been reading up on mounting things in Linux.

ManicResin that's the thing the /mnt/ext/ is there, but no files can be accessed unless I load the stock menu first.

Anyway I just look at now having the stock menu load as a soft security feature as now turning on my gp2x doesn't drop you into a world of retro-gaming goodness with pretty recognizable icons to get to those games. Still I wouldn't mind a solution.

-gp2xs

Back