Gp2X Wiz Will Not Boot Up, Need Help.

3dfx

Still Fresh
I have Win2X installed on my gp2x wiz and I ran Firmware Default Skin installer by mistake and now my gp2x will not get past the
GP2X WIZ whatever you want screen. I tried pressing the reset button but that did not help.
can I get sum help on how to fix this?

Orion4874 said:
Looks like your gonna have to reflash the firmware.
I tried that, the GPH screen flickers a few times and then it friezes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Want kind of card are you using to flash? You should use a regular SD card formatted to fat32, NOT an SDHC. Just put the firmware file on the root of the card, put the card in the Wiz, hold the right shoulder button while you power on the unit and the update screen should appear. Don't forget to backup the Nand.

OK i formated the sd card and now the firmware is updating, but after a few seconds the screen goes blank is this ok?

Orion4874 said:
It should take like 5 minutes or so. How did it turn out?
I shut the GP2x wiz off after a few minutes when the screen went blank. I'm tying it a scened time I leave it on longer this time.

Orion4874 said:
Which firmware version are you using? You can also try an earlier version.
Firmware V1.2.1 is what I"m trying to use.
I tried Firmware V1.1.0 but when I tried that version, the GPH screen was display and then the GP2x wiz reboots.
The same happens with Firmware V1.0.1 .

3dfx said:
Orion4874 said:
Which firmware version are you using? You can also try an earlier version.
Firmware V1.2.1 is what I"m trying to use.
I tried Firmware V1.1.0 but when I tried that version, the GPH screen was display and then the GP2x wiz reboots.
The same happens with Firmware V1.0.1 .

Hmm, that is weird. Do you have a different sd card around that you can use? I seem to remember some people had compatability problems with certain cards. Beyond that I'm not sure what else to try. Maybe the win2x you have installed is messing with something?

Definately try searching the I Need Help section. There's plenty of threads by people that have had similar problems. Maybe you can find something in one of those.

The sd card is a SanDisk ultra 2 1gb and a PNY 1gb sd card, both do not work.

this funny I tried a 8 gb SDHC card and it's reflashing the firmware.
The GP2x wiz will now boot up. :D
Thanks for the help.

Ok that is weird (and damn annoying.) I guess we have no way of knowing what cards work with the wiz bootloader :/

I am glad you got it working though, 3dfx :)

Back