Innacurate Battery Meter?

LTStone

Hi guys, I've had my Wiz for a couple of months now and have installed win2x front end. A couple of weeks ago my battery meter started acting all screwy , after fully charging the system and using it for a few minutes the battery meter would start to jump from full to a quarter in seconds then back to full again, then the battery low sign would come on. If I reset the wiz it would be back to full again. I tried to use up the battery and I actually ran a movie on it for over 2 hours in low battery before it shut off. then I restarted it and it was back to half full again? Any ideas on how to fix this?

thanks

Try discharging the battery to almost empty (20%) and recharge it to full, the charge controller might just need to be recalibrated. It also might be a bug in Win2X, did you check the battery meter in the original menu?

Darkknight512 said:
Try discharging the battery to almost empty (20%) and recharge it to full, the charge controller might just need to be recalibrated. It also might be a bug in Win2X, did you check the battery meter in the original menu?

Yeah I tried it in the original menu, same thing, maybe I'll reflash.. I'll keep experimenting..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back