Gp2x Spare Parts

shinra

Mi gp2x digital stick got broke a day ago and now i'm in need of some sticks to replace it, my question is. Can I get a gp2x stick replacement? and where to get it.
thanks.

alps electronics carries the joystick assembly .. you'd need to de-solder the old one off, and re-solder the new one.

TelcoLou said:
alps electronics carries the joystick assembly .. you'd need to de-solder the old one off, and re-solder the new one.
thanks checking now

Last edited by a moderator:
ok I checked it but they only sale a minimum of 800 pieces, never mind, i managed to do a tedious fix and also find why the pad got stuck when a half circle from down to up is performed, the grease inside the pad is to blame, some times when you do fast circles the pad just does not do a good contact with the terminals cause the grease gets in the middle, i remember a post of someone blaming the cps2 emu for this but this is a hardware issue only really noticeable on games like shotters; I opened my pad and remove only the grease from the terminals and leave enough for the rest, resulting on a complete functional pad (I reaaly had some luck)

EDIT: Sorry for not putting some photos of the stripped pad, I was really frustrated that it got broken :(

Back