266mhz Gp2x

skerbeck

Still Fresh
I need to get a replacement GP2X and be part of your great community. I've found there is a GP2X running at 266MHz. Is this recommended, given the battery life etc? I would appreciate some advice before I get my replacement GP2X.

No matter what you get, it'll run at 200MHz normally. The 'runs at 266MHz' tag basically means it runs stable when overclocked to that speed: tougher programs run better with higher overclocks.

If you want to play Quake, Descent or complex NeoGeo, SNES or GBA roms, I recommend getting the 266 version. Otherwise, just get a random one - the vast majority of gp2xen can OC to 240MHz, which is the most you should need for almost every program.

No matter what you get, it'll run at 200MHz normally. The 'runs at 266MHz' tag basically means it runs stable when overclocked to that speed: tougher programs run better with higher overclocks.

If you want to play Quake, Descent or complex NeoGeo, SNES or GBA roms, I recommend getting the 266 version. Otherwise, just get a random one - the vast majority of gp2xen can OC to 240MHz, which is the most you should need for almost every program.

I'm new to this GP2X, in fact I had to return mine after 3 days still waiting for a new one, and the MHz overclocking was very confusing. You've made it clear, thank you very much for you help, I get it now.

Well it's a normal gp2x which was tested if you can overclock it to 266Mhz.

I now understand. Thanks you.

Doesn't in anyway affect the battery life? I couldn't find any reference to battery life with overclocking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back