Gp2X Screen Replacement?

TezzyDarling

Still Fresh
Thrilled to find this forum, I tried searching it but couldn't find any information.

Years ago I bought a GP2X Wiz for my husband, but someone broke the screen on it. It was sat aside and not touched for a long time.

I wanted to surprise him and fix it, or send it in to be fixed. But I cannot find anything anywhere!

Is there no way to buy replacement parts from anyone? Or anyone aware of a service that will do it? Any advice would be appreciated.

Tezzydarling said:
Thrilled to find this forum, I tried searching it but couldn't find any information.

Years ago I bought a GP2X Wiz for my husband, but someone broke the screen on it. It was sat aside and not touched for a long time.

I wanted to surprise him and fix it, or send it in to be fixed. But I cannot find anything anywhere!

Is there no way to buy replacement parts from anyone? Or anyone aware of a service that will do it? Any advice would be appreciated.

I had an extra screen but I got a little moisture in it when I tried to clean it the other day, If it dries out and looks ok I'll let you know. Also they are pretty easy to physically replace as the connector just snaps in.

Last edited by a moderator:
there was an after sales center in germany. since GPH went out of business, i don't really know if they're still offering their help. but you could still give it a try.

check here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50379-replacement-usb-wiz-cable-needed/page__view__findpost__p__771939

LTStone said:
Tezzydarling said:

I had an extra screen but I got a little moisture in it when I tried to clean it the other day, If it dries out and looks ok I'll let you know. Also they are pretty easy to physically replace as the connector just snaps in.
If you don't mind me asking LT, where did you acquire an extra screen for your Wiz? Buy a broken unit for parts?

LTStone said:

Would be awesome, please lt me know. =)

crow_riot said:
there was an after sales center in germany. since GPH went out of business, i don't really know if they're still offering their help. but you could still give it a try.

check here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50379-replacement-usb-wiz-cable-needed/page__view__findpost__p__771939

I tried emailing them, the email is out of service. =( Sad day.

Yeah , I just love the Wiz to death so I have 4 working ones and 1 broken one I use for parts. when I ordered one from ThinkGeek They sent one extra by accident but It wasn't worth it to ship it back, the others I got cheap and fixed myself. I got crazy glue on the extra screen and got it off "YAY" but when I went to wipe it with a damp cloth I got moisture in the screen itself. I put it in a bag of rice to dry out but there is still some moisture in it.

LTStone said:
Yeah , I just love the Wiz to death so I have 4 working ones and 1 broken one I use for parts. when I ordered one from ThinkGeek They sent one extra by accident but It wasn't worth it to ship it back, the others I got cheap and fixed myself. I got crazy glue on the extra screen and got it off "YAY" but when I went to wipe it with a damp cloth I got moisture in the screen itself. I put it in a bag of rice to dry out but there is still some moisture in it.

How is that working out for you?

I've tried putting it in the sun, in front of a fan and in rice but it has moisture in the middle of the screen, I'm not sure what else to try, anyone have any suggestions?

Back