GP2X Gp2x Sdk?

I think he's just saying that if you need the resources to run your game well, you should use them rather than sacrificing quality. My interpretation, anyway.

Minkoff posted on Oct 25 2005 at 09:39 AM said:
I think he's just saying that if you need the resources to run your game well, you should use them rather than sacrificing quality. My interpretation, anyway.

Ah, I see. If you say need then it brings another point across. I agree with that. If you can only going to make an half playable port, emu or game with SDL, or other high level language, then it makes sence.

I'd love to support this project as well if its a team thing. But honestly I have very little low leve skills part from some MOTO ASM I did 7 years ago.

But I would love to get involved. I do quite a lot of Software Architecture and Documentation if that would help. Like always, I can be found in teh dev sections on IRC.

Last edited by a moderator:
icurafu posted on Oct 24 2005 at 03:09 PM said:
OMG, so you're saying that SDL will just be good for prototyping gameplay?

Maybe your focus is on draining as much performance from the hardware, but in the real development world, time and quality of production also play into it. I think it is unfair to state that devs who choose SDL are just hashing something together.
I didn't mean to disparage SDL users. SDL will be great for games on the 2X. (and I know all about the real development world) My main goal with the 2X is to get an OpenGL ES implementation that is fast enough to make 3D games. That requires a bit of squeezing, but so does emu optimization.

I suppose I should have been more clear that I would choose to use SDL to quickly prototype before taking the time to do the full 3D thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back