Geh? Environment Help?

Shikaku

ROFL THE WORD PENIS IS HILARIOUS!
USA... I feel lonely, not that many people from US
Website
Visit site
I'm having really big problems trying to get started on GP2X devving under Windows (X64 btw)....

I've tried a lot of the Windows setups, but I can't get the demos and examples to compile at all. I've had experience in devving before, I've even coded a big project in X86 assembly under Fedora Core Linux! But getting anything to work is a big pain in the ass for some reason...

I want to start learning SDL and begin making my own games for the GP2X: I saw the Lazyfoo tutorial site that was posted, and it seems pretty straightforward to program under SDL, but I am having trouble setting up the environment for the GP2X.

Can anyone give an example that would compile under the official GP2X SDK? Or at least give me some help on setting an environment up so that it would be easy to make a windows version and not force me to turn on my GP2X everytime I want to test the program? I have very little idea of how the makefiles work.

I would rather program the way I program now: in Vi with some programs for compiling and me testing it in another window with the source open. However, I have no experience in C++, only X86 Assembly/C and Java.

I have big plans for some games, and I hope I can make them, but I just need help on the hardest and most important step.

Thanks in advance.

The Code::Blocks Wiki setup tutorial should work (hell, I wrote it and using it). What errors/problems are you getting?

Unless the default project under Windows does not compile for the official GP2X SDK, this is what I get:

Couldn't reserve 3600336 bytes of space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 487
Couldn't reserve 3600336 bytes of space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 487
*** AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x61820000, RegionSize 0x360000, State 0x10000
D:\GP2XSDK\Makefile.win [Build Error] [all-before] Error 128

What tutorial do you speak of as well?

Edit:

Errr.... HI I NEED SOMETHING ELSE TO COMPLILE WITH IT DON'T I?

*tries the demo from Guyfawkes...

Nope, same exact error

I was getting that same error on my desktop, but on my laptop everything works fine.

Some googling makes me think it may have something to do with having 2 different versions of cygwin.dll on your machine (PSPVideo9 uses it for example).

Unfortunately I haven't managed to resolve it (just do my development on my laptop).

Back