Gp2x Movies

PoisonedV

Yeah, I'm a GIRL gamer, what of it?
Website
Visit site
Do you know where I can get videos of GP2X gameplays and the likes?

heisty posted on Oct 24 2006 at 12:28 AM said:
I know a wayyy better place, PM me.

You know of a secret video stash of people playing GP2X!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know of a place where you can get actual movies, videos, and etc... prefitted to work flawlessly on GP2X. kthx. No need to be sarcastic.

heisty posted on Oct 24 2006 at 04:25 AM said:
I know of a place where you can get actual movies, videos, and etc... prefitted to work flawlessly on GP2X. kthx. No need to be sarcastic.

But he stated that he is looking for video of actual gameplay....which can be found on youtube.

speaking of... where's a good place online to (legally) purchase and download movies pre-formatted for a device like the GP2X (320x200 resolution, etc)? i'm asking for a friend of mine - i realized i had never thought about it, other than that the iTunes store has all their videos in .M4P format.

hitbyambulance posted on Oct 24 2006 at 10:43 AM said:
speaking of... where's a good place online to (legally) purchase and download movies pre-formatted for a device like the GP2X (320x200 resolution, etc)? i'm asking for a friend of mine - i realized i had never thought about it, other than that the iTunes store has all their videos in .M4P format.

It's 320x240, afaik.

gnyffel posted on Oct 24 2006 at 05:23 AM said:
hitbyambulance posted on Oct 24 2006 at 10:43 AM said:

It's 320x240, afaik.

Errr.... youtube has all 320x240 video already.

Google on how to download it (or if you have firefox just download the extension VideoDownloader). Then Google on how to convert FLV to DivX

heisty posted on Oct 23 2006 at 10:25 PM said:
It's called archive.org or buying DVD's and ripping them yourself.

- Alex

I created a little one of the o2em odessey2 emulator in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-oWbORk44A

and some others on a webpage I created a while back
http://www.xs4all.nl/~medfreak/gp32/mark1970_gp32_2.html
it shows the first edition unit with some of the early emulators, it also shows my 'retrocon' joystick mod. And it shows some screenshots of the gp32blu

I am not familiar with any site offering readymade gp2x compatible movie files. You could try to create your own with help of VirtualDub for example selecting the appropriate audio and video codecs. The gp2x is able to scale higher resolution movies, but if you view the movies on the gp2x screen perhaps it pays to encode or re-encode to the gp2x's resolution - this way the movie files can be pretty small.

With anime sequences it also pays to have a framerate of 15 (most anime is created with the actual framerate at 15fps). With the small screen using 15fps is very viewable for live action material too. Just experiment.

Virtualdub is a versatile program that allows you to encode almost anything gp2x compatible, AND also gp32 compatible!

Back