Gp2x Interface

FabreNZ

I was just playing around in an image editor, and I think what I have come up with would be a nice replacement for the GP2X firmware's current interface. I don't think GamePark would use it, though :(

gp2x7gl.png

I think the style better suits a 'next-gen' handheld. What do you guys think? And, of course, feel free to post any interface mockups that you have made for the GP2X!

Those aren't the only options, duh :p

You use left/right to navigate through different 'orbs'. All of the options included in the original firmware can be included.

nothing against your work, it looks good. But i like the concept gamepark H made more

Sonic-NKT posted on Sep 14 2005 at 03:16 PM said:
nothing against your work, it looks good. But i like the concept gamepark H made more

I agree. I hope they put an option to change the color palete, that yellow would hurt my eyes. But I hope it's not like the PSP: the color changes each month!

Last edited by a moderator:
yay for it supporting unicode file names. I hate it when Japanese files get turned into garbage (or if you boot in Japanese mode all your \'s get turned into yens ¬_¬

yup, official ones look good, too. i hope you'll be able to customize, though.
yours looks pretty good, fabreNZ.

Well, I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm surprised by the response. I honestly don't like the official one, maybe it's just the OCD in me picking up on some minute issue.

I'm just going to go ahead and bet the color is capable of being changed in the settings menu. The yellow looks kinda cool with the black.

FabreNZ I still like the design you came up with I just doubt they'd change what they have... but who knows maybe you'd have the opportunity to mod your interface... though that would probably require Linux programing knowledge.

Digital Awakening posted on Sep 14 2005 at 04:22 PM said:
I love the look of this blue screen on the white version. It also looks very functional.

x2front.jpg

where did you got that picture? i know there's the 'white version' everyone is talking about and that you can see everywhere, but it doesn't look THAT white.

Maybe I shouldn't since they have not opened it up. It looks almost done so I'm sure it will open up this or next week so the wait won't kill you. There's some interesting stuff on it though that I've not found on any other sites :D

Digital Awakening posted on Sep 14 2005 at 05:05 PM said:
Cahaz:
Well, you could check the official site: www.gpx2.com, there are loads of shots of the white one. This one can be found on the introduction page. It's avalible on gbax as well.

yeah, but i have a problem with firefox. the first page of the website is not showing correctly. :-/

i so badly want that white gp2x, it's way better looking than the black one to me. :(

Back