Gp2x-f100r

DBH

Website
nicholas.piresonline.com
Gamepark Holdings have just announced a red version of the GP2X! While surfing the site I found an image of the new style GP2X.

It looks really funky. Maybe I should have held out and bought this one instead of the black one! :eek:

Source from gp2x: News Article

Heres the image from the site!

GP2X-F100R.jpg

What you guys think of it I quite like it :D

Looks hard on the eyes. The idea is to focus on the screen, not on the garish case colour. This colour will make your eyes tired and detract from the game you are playing.

The standard black is nice. It would be nice to have some alternative colours to choose from, but they need to be dark colours, not bright and vivid! How about a dark scarlet red/maroon; or dark night blue?

hackgrid posted on Aug 26 2006 at 01:36 PM said:
BTW i think it's a fake because i can not find anything about it on the official website nor i think they would place the picture on http://nicholas.piresonline.com/ ...
Point: hackgrid.

I still like it, though. And the bright colour wouldn't bother me a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
JaqMs posted on Aug 26 2006 at 06:54 PM said:
It IS fake. The person that made http://nicholas.piresonline.com/ was asking for high res pictures of the GP2X so he can make a 3D model. Well, this is one good looking thing he can do with the model.
Yes, I think you are right. It would be nice to see a multitude of other designs and colours - would be easy to create using the model - would be interesting and fun.

(In case you haven't noticed that's a 3d render)

EDIT: What's more, that's orange, I have nothing against orange, but it's not red.

I'd like a mix of black and dark blue personally. It's not that hard to paint the machine, though .. it separates cleanly into 3 parts and then the buttons and cap pop right off.

+1 Asshat points for recolouring the model you made a thread about, then claiming it's official from GPH. Big WTF on that one.

ASK posted on Aug 26 2006 at 05:15 PM said:
+1 Asshat points for recolouring the model you made a thread about, then claiming it's official from GPH. Big WTF on that one.
Aye

I knew that would give it away, I didn't expect anyone to believe it but ehh just wanted to show you lot what another colour scheme would look like. No harm in a bit of fun? I didn't expect you to take it that seriously but er yeh saying it was from GPH probably wasnt necessary, don't flame me just my sense of humour... (ulteria motive was to also see who thought it looked genuine) sorry if I got anyones hopes up.

On a side note what other colours would people like to see.

DBH's Asshat Score: 1

Woo I'm winning :unsure:

EDIT: yep it was a joke apparently not so funny... tough crowd :(

Nice job recoloring the 3D GP2X model that you constructed in your other thread. I hope this was meant to be a joke, and nothing else.

Nice work DBH!
The picture looks absolutely real to me.
The colour setting is nice and very unusual.
Good joke btw. But as you know, we Germans have no sense of humor... :D

Regards,
Stephan

even through THIS is a fake it is true that gph is planing on releaseing new colors, there is a wine-red and a white prototype.

Back