Gp2x-int: Intellivision Emulator For Gp2x V1.0.1

Parkydr said:
Up and Right? What events does the D pad produce?

Does it have the same gotcha as the standard stick - i.e. producing two events for one position e.g. Up and UpRight if at north-north-east?

It would be useful for devs to know, then there might be a chance of D pad compatible apps.
The stick is odd and has 8 actual contacts. So the GP2X stick has a physical contact switch for a diagonal.

The D-pad only has 4 actual switches so you need to interpret 2 simultaneous presses as a diagonal. This is the way all other pads work like the one on the PSP etc.

You can support both in code pretty easy as each controller can't do what the other can anyway.

Look here for control options and how to implement for pads/stick:

http://gp2x.projectinfinity.org.uk/viewpage.php?page_id=16

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC said:
The stick is odd and has 8 actual contacts. So the GP2X stick has a physical contact switch for a diagonal.

The D-pad only has 4 actual switches so you need to interpret 2 simultaneous presses as a diagonal. This is the way all other pads work like the one on the PSP etc.

You can support both in code pretty easy as each controller can't do what the other can anyway.

Hi DaveC, Thanks for the link. I've found the bug in my joystick handler for the 8 switchs contacts, and it works just fine now (should be available in future release). For the 4 switchs, i can't test it, but we can speak on msn, i will send you a small apps, and we could try to figure out what is going on.

For the PSP, the analog pad is different, since it is a real analog pad (there is no switchs), and we get values between 0 and 255 for X and Y directions ...

DaveC said:

Thanks for the info.

For anyone using SDL, it looks like it is better to get the button states rather than rely on button press/release events so it's easy to check combinations.

zx-81 said:
Hi DaveC, Thanks for the link. I've found the bug in my joystick handler for the 8 switchs contacts, and it works just fine now (should be available in future release). For the 4 switchs, i can't test it, but we can speak on msn, i will send you a small apps, and we could try to figure out what is going on.

For the PSP, the analog pad is different, since it is a real analog pad (there is no switchs), and we get values between 0 and 255 for X and Y directions ...
Ok yes I can test for you d-pad function :) Will be good for future emus etc.

As far as Intellivision. I kind of like the keypad at the bottom in 2:1 mode as you can enter commands and see the screen better, as nothing covers it up. Your keypad is well done though, It is a bit better to navigate fast. It is nice to have both I guess. Would it be either possible to add that same thing to yours, or maybe fix the D-pad code in his? His interface does have some bugs though. Compatibility is rather poor in all versions. It seems a bit strange that Intellivision is so hard to do.

As far as the PSP version I was refering to the D-Pad, not the analog.

DaveC said:
Ok yes I can test for you d-pad function :) Will be good for future emus etc.
Yes :)

DaveC said:
As far as Intellivision. I kind of like the keypad at the bottom in 2:1 mode as you can enter commands and see the screen better, as nothing covers it up.
Yes, it's nothing to do :).

DaveC said:
Your keypad is well done though, It is a bit better to navigate fast. It is nice to have both I guess. Would it be either possible to add that same thing to yours, or maybe fix the D-pad code in his? His interface does have some bugs though. Compatibility is rather poor in all versions. It seems a bit strange that Intellivision is so hard to do.

As far as the PSP version I was refering to the D-Pad, not the analog.
ok i see, you're right :).

Back