Wiz-Int: Intellivision Emulator For Wiz V1.0.0

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
wizint-snap-v100.jpg

Hi All,

Jzintv is an emulator of the Intellivision videogame system written by Joe Zbiciak
running on many systems such as Linux, Unix, Windows and MacOS.
See http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/intv/ for further informations.

Here is a port on Wiz of the version 20051204 that i had previously ported to Gp2X and PSP.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

All files are there : http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

Enjoy,

Zx.

could you post this on openhandhelds too, so it will get more visibility?

Hi zx-81,

I was wondering if there being no diagonal input was normal for this emulator. Is there something I can do in the "keyboard" settings or is this just a side-effect of the disc emulation?

Sound is excellent on most everything I got running but many of the games merely crash to menu or cause the Wiz to hang.

I know this is a "quick and dirty port" but I was just wondering if these issues were addressable or should I just be thankful for what I have . :)

Thanks,
CM

Crookedmouth said:
Hi zx-81,

I was wondering if there being no diagonal input was normal for this emulator. Is there something I can do in the "keyboard" settings or is this just a side-effect of the disc emulation?

Sound is excellent on most everything I got running but many of the games merely crash to menu or cause the Wiz to hang.

I know this is a "quick and dirty port" but I was just wondering if these issues were addressable or should I just be thankful for what I have . :)

Thanks,
CM
All of these Intellivision ports seem to have the same problem crashing. Must be bugs in the original port for other systems by the original author.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC said:
All of these Intellivision ports seem to have the same problem crashing. Must be bugs in the original port for other systems by the original author.

I did notice that exiting the emulator and restarting it allowed most of the games to run.

Do all the ports have no diagonal direction input also?

DaveC said:

Original emu is a command line emu and you can't load several games but only one on startup. If you want to load another game you need to exit the emu and restart.
I've tried to modify the code to let the engine start several games but without real success.

Crookedmouth said:
I did notice that exiting the emulator and restarting it allowed most of the games to run.

You need to set "joystick as cursor" in the menu settings and you will have the diagonal working.

zx-81 said:
Crookedmouth said:

You need to set "joystick as cursor" in the menu settings and you will have the diagonal working.

Thank you for that info, that changes everything,here I come Tron Deadly Discs, AD&D and Swords and Serpents!

As always thank you for your work!

zx-81 said:
DaveC said:

Original emu is a command line emu and you can't load several games but only one on startup. If you want to load another game you need to exit the emu and restart.
I've tried to modify the code to let the engine start several games but without real success.

Crookedmouth said:

That makes sense.

Is this the only Intellivision emu out there that could be ported? The compatibility seems pretty low. Many games don't work at all.

Thanks for the good work.

Back