Gp2x-int: Intellivision Emulator For Gp2x V1.0.1

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
gp2xint-snap-v1.0.1.jpg

Jzintv is an emulator of the Intellivision videogame system written by Joe Zbiciak running on many systems such as Linux, Unix, Windows and MacOS.
See official jzintv site for further informations.

Here is a port on GP2X of the version 20051204 that i had previously ported to PSP.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Here is a full working binary version :
int-v1.0.1-bin.zip

i vote zx-81 for guru status!

dude, you are a coding machine!!! one port after the other... excellent work!

Thank you once again Zx!

You really work fast! Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised after seeing all the great work you've done for the PSP ;)

I agree you deserve guru status immediately :)

SiDCrAzY said:
Thank you once again Zx!

You really work fast! Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised after seeing all the great work you've done for the PSP ;)

I agree you deserve guru status immediately :)
Or a big juicy donation...

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, so how well does it run? Full speed? Do all ROMs work?

I am at work now so I can't test it :(

Hmmm... join on date is 5 April 2007. Two emulators in 5 days. Now that is what I call a stunning track record. Anyways, thanks for this. Going to have to look into the Intellivision now.

Reap

reaper79 said:
Hmmm... join on date is 5 April 2007. Two emulators in 5 days. Now that is what I call a stunning track record. Anyways, thanks for this. Going to have to look into the Intellivision now.

Reap
not 2 but 3 ;) :D :D :D

Thanks ZX-81 for all of the great porting work :)

Can't wait to test this later.

DaveC said:

I don't know if the compatibility is as good as the PSP version ... crossing fingers :)

zx-81 said:
DaveC said:

I don't know if the compatibility is as good as the PSP version ... crossing fingers :)

There was one for the GP2X that was released awhile back (I think it was based on the PSP one too). The compatibility was poor as most games don't work.

Does your emu have an exact 2:1 pixel double mode? I had sugested the other author add it and he did. It gave a convienient place to add numeric pad buttons too (which I drew so you can use it if you want since I did the graphics anyway) . Plus the even double looks better than a full screen stretch. You may want to check this out below and see if there is anything useful for you.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...l=intellivision

DaveC said:
There was one for the GP2X that was released awhile back (I think it was based on the PSP one too). The compatibility was poor as most games don't work.

Does your emu have an exact 2:1 pixel double mode?
Yes.

DaveC said:
I had sugested the other author add it and he did. It gave a convienient place to add numeric pad buttons too (which I drew so you can use it if you want since I did the graphics anyway) . Plus the even double looks better than a full screen stretch. You may want to check this out below and see if there is anything useful for you.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...l=intellivision

Thanks for the link ...

:)

EDIT: Having a look to the source code, what's Jonn Blanchard has done is a port of PSPInt to GP2X, so the source code is 95% exactly the same as my port :) ...

What i've done is a "wrapper" between PSP functions and GP2X functions in order to have the minimum stuff to modify when porting emu from PSP to GP2X (that's why i can port an emu in few hours lol).

What's John has done is the contrary, he renamed all PSP by Gp2x and replace PSP specific parts by GP2x specify parts ...

zx-81 said:
reaper79 said:

Reap
not 2 but 3 ;) :D :D :D

I think the spam filter was right after all :lol:

zx-81 said:
EDIT: Having a look to the source code, what's Jonn Blanchard has done is a port of PSPInt to GP2X, so the source code is 95% exactly the same as my port :) ...

What i've done is a "wrapper" between PSP functions and GP2X functions in order to have the minimum stuff to modify when porting emu from PSP to GP2X (that's why i can port an emu in few hours lol).

What's John has done is the contrary, he renamed all PSP by Gp2x and replace PSP specific parts by GP2x specify parts ...
Hi,

Ok I tested for awhile.

This version seems to have the same low compatibility of the Blanchard version. Many ROMs just lock up the emu completely requiring a power cycle.

The control is messed up for me. I have a d-pad unit so maybe that is the problem. Anytime I try to do a diagonal the control stops responding to input until I release the pad. It doesn't do diagonals either as it should when you press 2 ordinal directions. Example UP+RIGHT should give a north east diagonal movement, instead the character stops completely.

The Blanchard version doesn't stop moving when a diagonal is pressed but it doesn't properly do diagonal either. It only does 4-way control, at least with the d-pad.

The Blanchard version seems to have some unstability when loading ROMs. If you are trying out ROMs by loading different ones the sound will go out and eventually it will lock up after loading a ROM.

It seems Intellivision emulation needs a bit of work on all platforms. I would guess the PSP version has similar compatibility/control problems.

Maybe for the GP2X version it may be easier to bug fix that one and fix the diagonals?

DaveC said:
Hi,

Ok I tested for awhile.

This version seems to have the same low compatibility of the Blanchard version. Many ROMs just lock up the emu completely requiring a power cycle.
The compatibility is already really bad on linux PC, so it doesn't suprised me ... I can't do better than the original emu, only if i rewrite it partially :(

DaveC said:
The control is messed up for me. I have a d-pad unit so maybe that is the problem. Anytime I try to do a diagonal the control stops responding to input until I release the pad. It doesn't do diagonals either as it should when you press 2 ordinal directions. Example UP+RIGHT should give a north east diagonal movement, instead the character stops completely.

The Blanchard version doesn't stop moving when a diagonal is pressed but it doesn't properly do diagonal either. It only does 4-way control, at least with the d-pad.

The Blanchard version seems to have some unstability when loading ROMs. If you are trying out ROMs by loading different ones the sound will go out and eventually it will lock up after loading a ROM.

It seems Intellivision emulation needs a bit of work on all platforms. I would guess the PSP version has similar compatibility/control problems.

Maybe for the GP2X version it may be easier to bug fix that one and fix the diagonals?
I haven't a d-pad unit so i can't test :( ... if this unit generates simulataneously UP + RIGTH key press events, then it should work properly, but it doesn't seem to work that way :(.

Up and Right? What events does the D pad produce?

Does it have the same gotcha as the standard stick - i.e. producing two events for one position e.g. Up and UpRight if at north-north-east?

It would be useful for devs to know, then there might be a chance of D pad compatible apps.

Parkydr said:
Up and Right? What events does the D pad produce?

Does it have the same gotcha as the standard stick - i.e. producing two events for one position e.g. Up and UpRight if at north-north-east?

It would be useful for devs to know, then there might be a chance of D pad compatible apps.
Right :).

Anyway if i had known that Jonn Blanchard had already ported my PSP port i would not have port it by myself on gp2x. We have now the same emulator twice, with the same bugs and limitations :( :(

Back